With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.8
• Access files from external hard drives, SD card readers, and USB drives
• Support for Dark Mode and new Share sheet in iOS 13
• When adding theme music in project settings, the soundtrack automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Provides performance and stability improvements
I’ve only seen 1080P results on an iPhone 8
As far as I can tell, iMovie works great. I had to do some overlay stuff (PIP) which required me to look up instructions for that online, and I learned a lot about other more “advanced” features as well. Once, during many, many edits of a short video, it did seem to stop working, so I just restarted it. I’m looking forward to adding my own music next to see how that works. It’s super easy once you get the hang of it after searching specific online instructions. I mean, skip the basic feature instructions, they are already very straightforward and more or less intuitive. And what a bargain it is!👍 Meanwhile, those other video editing apps might not even have the some of the features you want, except maybe for an extra charge, and/or vampirize your wallet with regular subscription fees, charge $90 for a one time fee, and end up having you in fetal position shaking like a leaf in a corner somewhere wondering how you, at least temporarily, lost that full, unlocked app you already paid a much better price for that went to a $ubscription plan. If this app crashes on your phone or iPad, I don’t have anything supercalifragilistic to say about that. So far, I have no complaints in that department whatsoever.
TRAILER MAKER IS SO FRUSTRATING
This app is pretty good and has a decent movie maker, but it has some issues. I’m not getting an crashes but it does need more features. I think this app would be a lot better if it had some more trailer making options. You should have an option to make videos in the trailer maker have sound instead of just music. Also the music and backdrops and effects should be editable. It’s stupid that you can’t edit it. Also more genres would be funnier. It’s really difficult to get the right feel for the movie. And the thing I want the absolute most? I want the videos I film IN THE APP to stop going TO MY CAMERA. I’m a neat freak about my phone storage and I can’t film one thing without my storage getting all filled up with stupid mini shots and it’s SO LAME. It made me really mad especially because I always have to delete them so they don’t hog my storage! If these problems were fixed it would be totally perfect but it’s not which made me so sad because I can’t find any other apps with a decent trailer maker. Also one more thing the teen trailer maker is so hard to work with because of the random images in the backdrop not matching the text. SO ANNOYING! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Requires IOS 13.0
I have been using iMovie for quite a while. But sadly it says you need IOS 13.0. Which I don’t have. So I would very much like for iMovie to change that. iMovie is very good with editing though. For vlogs, movies, trailers. All is good from that point of view. With the text it’s hard to keep it in one spot without going through the whole section your doing. Just realize that some apps have their imperfections but iMovie is a great app. Me and my close friends just finished making a movie and a movie trailer. I hope you like iMovie too. I sure do! I’m just hoping they let people with a lower IOS use iMovie again. I really loved iMovie till it wouldn’t let me use it anymore. Overall iMovie is great it just has a few little glitches and stuff like that. Which all apps do. So if your going to complain about iMovie than you have over a million other apps to complain about to. This app is one of the least apps you would complain about. I love iMovie! If your looking at reviews to get a recommendation you really should try iMovie. If you have a high enough IOS😂😂 But definitely and I mean definitely try out iMovie! It’s really fun just a warning!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 24, 2019
- Version: 2.2.8
- Size: 617 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad