Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported iPhones
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Easily add current or historical stock information to spreadsheets
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
This update adds a number keyboard for iPad, reduces the need to switch keyboards while entering data, and includes other usability improvements.
Was VERY disappointed... now it's MUCH better
Update: THANK YOU for bringing back the "10 key" keyboard, making it the default and seriously improving the navigation. You can once again double-click to access basic editing functions (like copy/paste). I still miss how the keyboard would automatically become a date function keyboard when the cell was formatted as a date ("3" would become "March", etc.), but it could be I just haven't found how to activate it. Good job and many thanks. You just saved me lots of time and aggravation.
Previous review: I'm sorry to be so harsh, but what were you thinking? Documents that used to open immediately upon tapping now take time to open. You have to click the "cell" button every time you want to edit instead of a quick double-tap. If you do double-tap, it treats numbers as text, even if the cell is formatted as currency. Worst of all, you've taken away the 10-key pad and replaced it with a keyboard! You now have to click the keyboard's "123" button to enter numbers! On a spreadsheet app?!? It looks like you should be able to enter numbers as the appear in gray above the letters, but I can't seem to get them to work. And when you do want to enter text, you can't use the old formula bar unless you want a text formula. You can just type, but it's harder to edit. If you really wanted folks to buy MS Excel, you should have just said so.
Numbers for iOS is a joy!
Numbers for iOS is simply a delight. In choosing the ideal tool for the job, one must often sacrifice ease of use for power, and style for compatibility. Numbers sacrifices nothing in its delivery of first class, feature-rich, robust spreadsheet functions. While I initially viewed the ability to use its multitasking abilities as welcome "extra" features, I quickly came to regard split-view, slide over, and picture-in-picture as essential functions. As compared to Excel's templates, Numbers' built-in templates are not only wide-ranging and aesthetically pleasing (lovely, actually), but they provide helpful, intuitive prompts for those who are intimidated by the thought of building a spreadsheet from scratch. 3D charts, in particular, shine in Numbers for iOS, and real-time sharing with other users has been a time-saving gem.
In a nutshell, as an intermediate spreadsheet user, I appreciate knowing and trusting that, under Numbers' elegant interface and gorgeous templates, lies a reliable powerhouse of analytical tools.
New update is terrible
Loved this app until the latest update came out. With no instructions on the new features, I'm fumbling around wasting my time trying to edit, copy and paste. To enter a formula with the old edition, you only needed to hit the equal sign, and a ten key showed up with all the arithmetic signs. Now you are stuck with the qwerty keyboard and have to enter the numbers and signs that way. It seems to me that whoever developed the update was never worked in an accounting office where "Numbers" are important and a ten key is used more often than a typewriter.
I wrote the above review two weeks ago, hoping the designers of the last update would read these terrible reviews, and at least make an effort to correct this update. Guess I'll scrap app and find something more user friendly. Sorry I ever paid for this.
Well, version 3.1.1 is a start toward what the old app used to be. They have returned the numeric keypad for entering numbers, but they forgot the algebraic signs. You can only subtract numbers. If you need to add to numbers, you are taken back to the qwerty keyboard. Still giving this latest version one star.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 25, 2017
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 361 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad