Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS, and the web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• Numbers is faster than ever before, with an all-new calculation engine
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5
• Support for iCloud Drive
• Support for third-party storage providers
• Updated file format makes it easier to send spreadsheets via services like Gmail and Dropbox
• Instantly switch between iPad, Mac and iPhone with Handoff
• Column and row labels in tables
• Instantly rearrange data in tables with new transpose feature
• More color options including new custom color mixer on iPad
• Use the color picker to sample and apply any color available in your spreadsheet
• Take photos and videos straight from the app
• Inter-table alignment guides
• Print floating comments
• Usability improvements for resizing and positioning charts
• Improved accessibility
• Improved bi-directional language support
Perfect For Excel-Amateurs Like Me
I've always been great with various Office programs like Word or PowerPoint but when it came to Excel I've always been clueless. I'm an amateur at best. BUT I've time & time again tried to create a personalized budget spreadsheet for my month-to-month expenses & could never create one that 'worked' for me. I disliked the downloadable templates available & an hardly on my laptop enough to actually keep one up to date & various finance apps such as Mint are great but don't link to all my accounts, such as my auto loan, so it wasn't always completely accurate, therefore useless to me. Then, per the prompting of my iPad, I downloaded this app & was pleasantly surprised. Not only is it a visually appealing program but it's easy to use/learn. The step by step directions are very accessible & things I may have been unfamiliar with were easy enough to figure out. The spreadsheets are simple to create, maneuver, & adjust to my liking. Within a short amount of time I was able to not only learn how to use the app but create a budget spreadsheet that was exactly what I wanted! I'm extremely pleased (& I don't rate apps very often, so clearly, I'm happy with this one). I'd recommend it to anyone who was familiar with their iPad & can read directions. It's that simple, at least for the purposes I need it for.
Best mobile spreadsheet
Oct. 17, 2014: updated to the latest version on iPhone and iPad, and while numbers works on my iPhone, the update put my iPad into recovery mode. I am now having to use my PC, in "duress," in order to restore my iPad. It might be best to wait until the iOS 8.1 update before you update to the latest version of numbers.
Oct. 2, 2014: apple support helped me get the app working again. My only issue, now is that the arrow to close the sheet and go back to the folder, is too close to "undo." Otherwise, for mobile spreadsheets on the iphone, this is still the best.
Update iOS 8, September 30, 2014: crashes all the time. I will need to find some other app to use instead, if I can't get this working.
I like Apple's willingness to redesign spreadsheets to work more intelligently with a touchscreen, instead of just trying to port excel over to the iPad. I like the number pad for entering, and the way I can move rows or columns. Also, I am finding the forms feature to be very useful, for entering records, especially, now that it's on the iphone, too--no more scrolling across long spreadsheets to add data to a spreadsheet. Keep up the innovation, Apple. I now use Numbers more than the other spreadsheet apps.
Can't even make a chart
Developers: try this. Go onto the icloud website and use the numbers app. Make two vertical columns of info.
Column A with a few rows like food, car, mortgage, etc. Then make column B corresponding amounts of money (100, 200, whatever for each). Now highlight the boxes with the information and make a 2D pie chart out of it. Notice how you can't label any of the sections at all or modify the information on the chart, and the pieces of the pie are not labeled Food, Car, etc. The option is not available in the pie chart menu to edit or fix this. I'm stuck with pie charts that have no labels and a bunch of retarded colors. In the actually numbers app for Mac the option is available to edit the info in the chart, why not on icloud??
Very few people edit numbers on their iPhone or iPad, but many do in icloud. Why must we have such extremely limited editing ability in icloud? Additionally, why can't I get the numbers app for free on my Mac?? It's free on iPhone and iPad...
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 243 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.