Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported iPhones
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Solid Program, but Needs ‘Create Template’ Function
This is the first version of Numbers I’ve used, so I can’t say I feel thrown off by the most recent update (seems other users have been, though the functions mentioned in their comments are ones I was able to find and use in this latest version—function layout must have dramatically changed). I was able to Google my way through finding the functions I wanted for a basic speadsheet involving dollars, dates, checklist, adding/deleting columns/rows, changing column width, etc. Everything worked seamlessly! The one disappointment is when I Googled how to create my own template, I found this is not an option when using the app. One has to create the template using the Mac version of Numbers, add the template, and then access it from the app. I don’t have a Mac, so... Despite the great variety of templates and being able to find one that was close to what I wanted, it would be nice to be able to create my own so I don’t have to tweak the template every time I want a new spreadsheet. There might be some work-around I haven’t figured out yet, but until then, it seems I’m out what could be a really great feature—creating my own template.
I want it practical.
I have found that if I put in “9:00 PM” it will put either “date, 9:00, PM” or “21:00.” No. No. No. As it turns out, my family and friends do NOT use a 24 hour clock, we use a good old fashioned “1 means 1, 3 means 3” clock. NOT a “13 means 1, 15 means 3” clock. So doing a 24 hour clock (“15 means 3” type clock) is not only annoying, but also impractical. We do not need 3 keyboards for one cell (just one, the NORMAL ONE in case you were wondering), neither do we also need the date.
I have personally tried to do a weekly planner that is rather flexible and consistent, so what I put down will be good for the next week and Mayb the week after that as well. SPECIFIC DATES RUIN THAT! I don’t care if u call it an “update.” When you made it so it adds the date or converts the time (no matter HOW MANY TIME U CORRECT IT) all you did was ruin a perfectly good app. I’m sorry not sorry, but you need to either re-update it properly (as in, take out all the things (like the time converting) that make the user want to chuck their device at the wall), or make a new app and NOT ADD ON TO IT ONCE ITS DONE AND PRACTICAL. When you (the programmers, the designers, whatever you want to call yourselves) get bored, you tinker. You add on. You ruin your apps.
I can give a good rating once more
As the huge glitch that had greyed out my work and made lots of work lost, the latest ios update corrected it. I will overlook that I had to catch up with 40 checkbook entries but glad it wasn’t more than that. Pages and numbers were effected by whatever had caused it. Fixing the issue of the ipad rebooting and as well semi-waking up with no help, that ios update fixed what went wrong with these issues. I was so hoping it would be fixed and had it not with an update of numbers I was going to delete numbers and never use again. But the ios update did work. The news said to not allow any notifications to be on before doing the update. And I did do that. Thanks for fixing the issue.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 404 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad