Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5
• Support for iCloud Drive
• Support for third-party storage providers
• Updated file format makes it easier to send documents via services like Gmail and Dropbox
• Instantly switch between iPad, Mac, and iPhone with Handoff
• More color options including new custom color mixer on iPad
• Use the color picker to sample and apply any color available in your document
• Take photos and videos right from the app
• Insert inline images in tables, headers, and footers
• Inter-table alignment guides
• Column and row labels in tables
• Usability improvements for resizing and positioning charts
• Improved accessibility
• Improved bi-directional language support
• Export ePub files with video
What a disappointment
I am an Apple fan and all my devices are Apple products and I am trying hard to get away from MS Office. But, this update with iCloud Drive is an absolute disappointment. I've dealt with so many bugs patiently for years, trusting Apple that it would eventually get users to where they needed to be and trying to convince my family and colleagues why Apple was the best solution for our work. I even patiently waited until they came out with Yosemite, thinking I would streamline all my work. But, this is a nightmare. I will have to go back to Dropbox, which by the way, Pages/Numbers/Kenotes do not allow me to open files from. I started to understand why people "hate" Apple. I am sure once Apple hears all these concerns and complaints, it will eventually fix these issues. But, this is far from the Apple's core principle. When that is compromised, the whole company will start deteriorating, if it hasn't already started. I know I am just one of many millions of users that Apple might not even care about but hope that some on the board get to read this message and give proper attention, not to me as an individual, but to the whole software products.
The Problems Continue...
I had hopes that when the latest update came out that my issues with iCloud syncing and pages crashing every few minutes on my iPad would end…those hopes were misplaced. Pages is completely useless on my iPad. It crashes after a few minutes, doesn’t sync with documents in iCloud. I’ve worked with Apple on this, the folks at the genius bar gave up and gave me a new iPad hoping it was a hardware issue: it wasn’t. So if you are using pages (and by the way keynote as well) across platforms be warned that it might not work at all and you will be left high and dry when trying to use a different device…so much for “handoff”.
As far as pages for mac goes, it works well but still remains a disappointing second to ’09 with lost of functionality. I hate to think of going to Word after years of investing in pages, but it might be the better alternative if the bugs aren’t fixed and functionality upgraded.
Good, but could use some work..
This app is great, and it really helps me with notes in multiple classes. I would recommend this app for making reports or taking notes. It is pretty reliable; considering the fact that other classmates' documents have disappeared on Notes. The only thing I wish they could do is something where you could search for a word in a document, and it would show you where it was. This would be very helpful for me, especially when I have 10+ pages in one document. Also, I HATE it when I put the letter A, then after I push return, it turns it into a lettered document, and then won't let me delete it without deleting my work! It drives me completely crazy, and then I have to redo my work! I would like these problems fixed, so I can use the app without almost breaking my iPad in rage.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 278 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.