Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Doesn't quite live up to what it should be
I have been using Pages for iOS for several years now and it's generally been an extremely helpful tool. The mobility allows me to work on my files from anywhere which makes it more accessible than its Mac counterpart, and the constantly increasing functionality has made this app a part of every paper I have worked on in recent times. With everything it's capable of now, Pages should be at the top of its game. The only issue is what may be a memory leak of some sort— any time I am working on a somewhat large document (usually over 1 page) I begin to experience major performance issues. Even after freeing up as much RAM as possible, restarting my iPad, and disabling the suggestive keyboard in iOS 8, it still lags so badly with input that it becomes unusable. Even typing this review is noticeablysmoother than typing in Pages. By a lot. This app is worth a download, but that's only with confidence that Apple will be able to fix their mistakes soon.
I have purchased and downloaded many word processing programs; none of which I can use up until I tried Pages. I am a creative writer and much of what I write when away from home is on my iPad. What I've written on my iPad once I am home is emailed to my laptop where I continue to write or edit what I've already written. Pages allows me to do that with out any problems. All of the previous word processing apps/programs never allowed me to do that. So, I must say I am completely happy with Pages for iPad. Though, I am sure like with any other app/program that Pages probably has some flaws. There is no such app/program that is completely perfect. However, if you are looking for something that is close to your microsoft word that you use on your windows computer or laptops --then pages comes pretty close.
Best Word Processor on the iPad!
+ Most features of any word processor on the app store (And I have used Word, Google Docs, Polaris Office, Cloud on, etc.)
+ Also the most smooth running
+ Very compatible with other word processors (I import and export Windows 2007 documents for my desktop and have not encountered any issues, even with image wrapping!)
+ Makes great use of touchscreen controls. Image wrapping especially
- Ok organization: I like the option to create drag and drop folders in the menu, though now that I use this on a regular basis, sub-folders would be nice for better organization (I have way too many folders). Also, an option to view the documents in a list would be nice (similar to iBooks).
- Can't send multiple documents at once
This is the best word processor on the app store for the cost (if you haven't bought an iOS device within the last year). Smart art, equations, and more symbols would be appreciated for the future; but it does what it needs to do well with a lot of nice extras.
(Used on an iPad air and iPad 3g for High School work)
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 278 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.