Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Doesn't quite live up to what it should be
I have been using Pages for iOS for several years now and it's generally been an extremely helpful tool. The mobility allows me to work on my files from anywhere which makes it more accessible than its Mac counterpart, and the constantly increasing functionality has made this app a part of every paper I have worked on in recent times. With everything it's capable of now, Pages should be at the top of its game. The only issue is what may be a memory leak of some sort— any time I am working on a somewhat large document (usually over 1 page) I begin to experience major performance issues. Even after freeing up as much RAM as possible, restarting my iPad, and disabling the suggestive keyboard in iOS 8, it still lags so badly with input that it becomes unusable. Even typing this review is noticeablysmoother than typing in Pages. By a lot. This app is worth a download, but that's only with confidence that Apple will be able to fix their mistakes soon.
BEST WORD PROCESSOR EVER!!!
Once, I had this really terrible word processor on my iPad. I paid seven dollars for it and it didn't work very well. The fonts were blah, the colors were blah, and the layout? Ugh. Don't even get me started on the layout.
Then Pages came along and believe me, I was amazed. It was SO easy to use, and you could do so much more than you could have on the other document writer. There's no limit to how many documents you can have while on my other one, when I passed three, my documents started to disappear. And the edit and delete button were right next to each other, so I accidentally trashed a bunch of documents I REALLY needed. To save on the other one was voluntary, and on Pages, things save automatically. So, let's just say I write for three hours straight. If I forget to save it, then everything I did would be gone. So, bottom line,
THX Apple! 👍
Great For Occasional Use
I love this app in general. I think it has a lot of strong points, such as the ability to put documents in folders, and the range of font sizes available. I also enjoy the options to change the headers and footnotes with automatic counters, such as page numbers, and the counter you can change to count words, characters, and spaces. There are a few things I would change. I would like to actually be able to manually organize my documents, rather than only have the options of sorting my date or alphabetically. Also, the fonts should include more, because there isn't a huge range right now. I have experienced a few glitches, too. When I'm typing, the page randomly scrolls. Whenever I open it, it shows some past document and is frozen for several seconds. I really like Pages, but I wish you would make a few improvements.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 278 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.