Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the
release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.2
• Enhance your documents using a library of over 500 professionally drawn shapes
• Reply to comments and join threaded conversations
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• New auto-correction and text replacement options save time while typing
• New page thumbnail view allows you to easily navigate your document
• Export documents as fixed layout ePub books
• Change margins, headers, footers and paper size while collaborating
lag and keeps changing my formatting
Seriously problematic. I even reduced as many features as possible and it has a ton of latency on my iPad 4 (no that's not that old->fast enough to play vainglory no problem. no speed problems searching the internet).
I have 1 page documents that have 2 columns and the latency is atrocious. It's a 1 page list! how can this have more lag than a touchscreen moba?! I turned off every bonus feature i could find and it still lags when i click to edit or copy paste...oh and did i mention this new update is reformatting my layout? titles are now somehow in the same row as the text and even after i fix it by separating the two-->but wait! i open the document and they are on top of each other again. This is ridiculous. oh and i'd edit this, but why bother---clearly its totally cool now days to just put things out there without quality control.
and i may sound like that guy that's critical on everything--i'm not! I never give bad reviews! Seriously never---but this basic app has been giving me problems for months. i've posted on the ios boards, read every possible thing i could about the problem---nothing helps. I just want to cut and paste and click without waiting 3 seconds every-time i click to edit---and final i thought they fixed it! nope! 10x worse and with new and exciting formatting problems!
Utterly devoid of even a sliver of value
Each time Apple has issued a new release of Pages for iPad, it has gotten slower. So long as you stay strictly in a typing mode, without repositioning the input location or highlighting text, it works just fine. But if you need to make a change a sentence or two back, the wait for the application to respond to this is sometimes greater than fifteen seconds. I don't understand how people who are supposed to know something about software can do this kind of thing. Don't they even bother to try and use the thing they implemented? I just do not get it. I've checked the amount of free memory, I've closed all other apps, I've rebooted the iPad. The problem is in the app. When you reposition the insertion points, the software takes a hike, no doubt due to some bug, because there is no possible way that anything that it might ought to be doing should take that long. Apple does not test their software. Apple honestly does not know how to develop software. They don't understand the crucial role of requirements documents in the design process, and they do not make any more than a token effort to test it before releasing it.
A great app and Word replacement
Edited June 13, 2017 for version 3.2
Apple has done a *fantastic* job with Pages 3.2, and has fixed (at least in iOS) my biggest problem with the app: how it handled quotes (see original review below). This app is now freaking great, and will likely replace Word for all my needs on iOS.
Next step should be support for Pencil!
This is a good writing app. If I were on a budget and couldn't afford an Office 365 subscription, this would be a fine Word processor replacement. The templates are great, the performance is overall good, and it works really well with the macOS version.
But it could be great. The font selection is not as extensive as on Microsoft Word. And I hate how Pages defaults to using "straight quotes" instead of "smart" or typographical curly quotes. You need to memorize a special keyboard shortcut for typographical quotes which are used by writers and students almost universally in academic papers. It's a small annoyance, but just one more reason why Word for iPad is still better.
But this app has so much potential. Apple Pencil support would be incredible. More fonts would be great too. Better Word compatibility would be great.
I want this to be my only writing app, but it's just not there yet. But I'm willing to continue giving it some time.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 13, 2017
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 519 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad