Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Pretty good but not without its faults
This is a pretty handy app, I actually just used it to write up a resume. However it is not without its flaws. Sometimes the functions don't work quite right such as when highlighting text to cut/paste. The highlight will jump around and highlight way more than you want, or in some cases will only highlight a few letters of one word. Another thing is that some text in some of the templates cannot be edited with a simple touch and type like others can. A perfect example is Classic Resume vs Modern Resume, where with Classic you can change all the text simply by touching what you want to edit and typing the new text but with Modern you can only do that for certain areas which oddly don't include name and contact info.
All that said if you can work around it in someway then this app is excellent but as stated beware of some flaws that will annoy you.
You Fixed the Update!
I'm pretty happy with Pages on my iPad at the moment. But I am having one issue that I wonder if anybody else is having. The feature where you tap on a word twice and that word becomes highlighted really helps me in my writing. But lately I tap a word twice, wait as nothing happens, and repeat the process seven, eight, nine times, sometimes just giving up and backspacing, or touching the Select option in the black balloon. It's rather annoying, and slowing down my progress. I've cleaned my iPad screen to no avail, but it doesn't make sense because that feature works fine on other programs, like Notes, emails, text messages and even this review. What say you, Apple? You've fixed my Pages issues before. Fix this one. Thanks!
I have loved using pages for a couple of years now, but since I HAD to upgrade or I would not be able to access my documents, this app has gotten very glitchy And I have become very frustrated. I download my documents from iCloud, only to have to download them again later. Then when I try, the program crashes. When I get the time, I may transfer my documents into another app and store them in Dropbox.
Update: I need to wait and wait to pull a document from the cloud even though it was put on this tablet (!) so it makes the whole app unusable. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with this app. Leave my documents alone! If I want to upload them I will. Meanwhile some documents I need immediately. This app no longer allows that to happen!
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 278 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.