Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
If only I could be sure my files would be there
I got this shortly after buying the ipad and raved about its simplicity and ease of use. Bringing in photos, formatting text, emailing, etc., were all smooth and simple.
But then I tried to open one of my files about a month ago and there were none (though I had saved at least 20). I rebooted the app, then the device, then had to get on with my life and gave up. Later, a little googling showed others having the same problem. The advice was to make sure iCloud was set up and turned on. I don't like the idea of using iCloud, but I broke down and did it. Eventually, my files appeared again. Whew!
Today, once again, I tried to open a file but none were there. I rebooted to no effect, so again went to settings to find iCloud turned off (maybe I did that, though I don't remember). I turned it back on, then tried again, no files. After a few minutes of checking other stuff, I went back and my files were there.
So I reduced my rating to three stars. I still like the functionality, but I hate not being able to count on having my files, and I hate it that I seem to be required to use iCloud.
Was a decent app before update
Having similar problems with app freezing while multitasking (takes ~30 seconds to be able to use it). I haven't experienced any missing files yet, but my job entails strict documentation of mileage, time, and location for every stop and break taken. This app has twice, deleted information from an open and active document. One trip was almost entirely deleted. The redo button was greyed out, so no recovery possible. Only the first hour of a 14 hour day was left accounted for. I had to remember the stops that I made, but no way to remember time or odometer reading. I now take a screenshot as backup.
Freezes and restarts...
I love pages on my MacBook. And I've had it on all my iPads through the years, but when the last IOS came out, it really slowed this program down. I need to go back and forth from safari to pages and it used to be no problem, but now it either freezes when I return to pages or blanks out and reloads the page I'm working on...every single time! I have a 1st gen IPad mini but it works the same way on my ipad 3. Very frustrating, so I'm going to have to try another app until his issue is fixed. Please help!
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 21, 2014
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 276 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.