Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 500 editable shapes
• Easily add images and video to your document
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in iBooks
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 4.0
• Draw, write, and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger.
- Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools.
- Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text.
• Make beautiful digital books using new book templates.
• Collaborate in real time on documents stored in Box.
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page.
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech.
• Create and edit paragraph styles and character styles.
• View pages side by side as you work.
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads.
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document.
• Change your document orientation to landscape or portrait.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way.
• Use conditional highlighting in tables to change the appearance of a cell when the value meets specified conditions.
• New option to automatically format fractions as you type.
APPLE fix Pages integration!
Here is the problem I keep having. I have a large 600 page book I wrote in the desktop app. It uses two “unusual” bits of layout & design. First, the document is formatted to the standard hardcover size of 6 x 9. Second, I use a non-standard font which I was able to import with AnyFont. The problem? When you open the file in the mobile app, the layout is broken. It almost seems as though the fonts have doubled in size or something (except even the tables seem to have doubled in size, not just the fonts.
The app is advertised as having integration with the desktop version, which is a HUGE reason I started using it. This issue destroys all integration between desktop and mobile apps. This is unacceptable and goes against how the app is marketed. This issue need a fix... FAST! I have been hoping the situation would be remedied for close to a year I believe. SERIOUSLY, do some to fix this!
Pages 4.0 Smart Annotation is a letdown
All I want from Pages is to use it as a Word Processor. A couple of releases back, it served that purpose. The update prior to 4.0 made Pages unuseable. I could not open previously saved documents.
When 4.0 came out, I upgraded in the hope that I would once again be able to use Pages and have access to my documents. Happy to announce that after the upgrade my documents are still available. I was beginning to wonder. I was also beginning to wonder about Apple. What is going on ???
Now I have started a new document. I have entered several paragraphs. When I see an error that I want to correct in a previous paragraph I use the Apple Pencil to back to that spot but am taken into Smart Annotations Beta. I am presented with a host of drawing tools: pens, markers, brushes, etc.
All I want to do is go back and make a text edit in my document; I do not want to Smart Annotate. I have discovered a button to turn off Smart Annotate (hooray !), but though I turn it off, it jumps back into S.A. Mode.
I have looked into MS Word, but the reviews say it is buggy. And it has a subscription. Blah. Apple seems to be adding features to its software that make the product less desirable and unuseable. Why am I forced into using Smart Annotate ?
Are there any other WPs available for the iPad ? I am having unpleasant experiences using Pages, a product that I once enjoyed.
Pages is my favorite app for writing, and especially on my iPad Pro and all the iPads, Macs, and iPhones I have over the years. What Pages needs is full functionality with Apple Pencil, and not just a partial functionality with it in being able to write on select objects. I am using another app currently in which I can actually write with my Apple Pencil, but the app is glitchy and I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO USE IT, but am made to because I can’t just open Pages, put in a pencil mode like in Notes and go to town (in notes you can’t control easily the width of line, so fine lined writing is impossible unless you go very slowly and with light pressure and forget about writing with any speed, unless you want huge think lines with the marker selection...). I want to do the same in Pages since Pages works natively with iOS and Apple tech.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 27, 2018
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 498 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad