Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
What’s New in Pages 2.2
• New "view only" setting lets you share documents you want others to view but not edit
• Search documents by name
• Inline images and shapes in table cells are preserved on import
• Better placement of inserted and pasted objects
• New Arabic and Hebrew templates
• Improved support for bi-directional text
• Word count for Hebrew
• Improved ePub export
• Control the z-order of bubble chart labels
• Usability improvements
The only reason I am giving this app three stars, is because I used it roughly five hours a day, every day. I have never had a problem, until today. Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, for some stupid reason, even though I did not even update, which is usually when this problem occurs, all three apps decided to delete ALL of my work! I had college papers on those apps!!! FIX THIS PROBLEM APPLE!!! Or there WILL be more complaints from me!
Update: I have lowered the star rating because: Over a month later, and I'm still waiting for Apple to fix this problem. To Apple: You guys have seriously gone down hill, Steve Jobs is probably rolling over in his grave with the way you're ruining his company. HOW HARD IS IT TO FIX YOUR OWN DANG APPLICATIONS?! I know programming is hard, but come on, this has been a known bug since iWork's last update, how can you NOT have it fixed yet? Are you even working on the problem? Because, so far, I have seen no proof that it is actually being fixed.
Still not happy…
I've been using this app for a long time now on all my mobile devices and my desktops. I like how well it works. Surprising number of negative reviews claiming problems I've never encountered. The interface is different from word and takes a little adjustment. Setting up default choices is a simple as saving documents with the settings you want and opening them and then save as. Very simple approach. Like how it allows you to sort, group and organize your docs on mobile devices. I use this app and Microsoft word both and vastly prefer Pages. This app also creates folders in the same way you create them on the iPhone or iPad, not sure why people are saying it doesn't do that. Perhaps a look at some tutorials or doing a bit of reading would help. I've also open ended many Word docs and saved to that format as well.
Great for Writing! ☺️☺️☺️👍👍👍👍👍👍
This is my favorite app! I'm an avid writer and I write pretty much every day. This is the app I use for it. I love all the fonts and it's so easy to use! I caught on right away! I haven't encountered any problems while I was on this app and it seems pretty flawless. I love that you can organize documents into folders,. It's great for me because I can organize books so easily! Especially if they're in the same series because then I can just put all the books in the series in the folder and name the folder after the series,. Keep the awesome updates coming! But right now I can't see how this app can get better because it seems so perfect! This app deserves the five stars I rated it as. Keep up the great work, Apple!
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 22, 2014
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 276 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.