Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
What's New in Version 10.3.9
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Trackpad problem in Pages on IPad Pro 12.9
Sometimes when I want to use the trackpad to select text in Pages I can, but sometimes I can’t. In other words, sometimes with a press down on the trackpad and scrolling across the words, the text is not selected. I have updated my iPad Pro 12.9 to the latest version (14.3) and the latest version of Pages. I think it is problem with the Pages app itself. At my local Apple Store, I worked with a technician to try to solve the problem and they had the same issue. They were not able to solve the problem.
Deletes documents automatically
Every new document I create, give a new title to, and then type about 1/2 way through the document, automatically deletes itself saying it was deleted in another location. When I find the document, it opens without data, but saved title. This has happened since installing the upgrade. What the H*ll is going on?
Pages annotation ceased with recent versions
I use Pages on a 6th gen iPad, and have for years. With the Apple Pencil, it is very easy to add proofreading marks. Or was. Late last year, whether as a byproduct to the universal distribution of iPadOS or a change in the 10.3 series versions, annotation stopped working _almost_ entirely. By almost, I mean the highlighter and eraser still work as advertised.
But the other writing tools no longer can mark text. Clicking on pen, pencil or crayon markers gets a box to draw on. Turning on Smart Annotate gets a message on the screen that says to click anywhere to start drawing. There is no possibility of adding smart annotations, and so, no way to edit using proofreading marks.
All the help and support (even in this latest version of Pages) still claim that smart annotation works, but show the old pen/cil tool set images, so we don’t have up-to-date help anywhere, either. That’s just tacky.
Since the Apple Pencil works on nothing but Apple hardware, it is useless for any other maker’s hardware. Since it’s only real purpose for someone who isn’t a graphic artist, my >$100 Apple Pencil is now worth nothing.
And I have to do all my editing in Word on my desktop, meaning I can only edit when I’m at home. This is a complete abrogation of the whole purpose of having an iPad as well as the pencil. I could read books on a $60 Kindle, which is lighter and has a really nice paper-like display...
Please repair Smart Annotate so it works? Then I’ll give you back all those stars that Pages otherwise deserves. (This is the third time I’ve reported the loss of annotation in a quarter-year!)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 14, 2021
- Version: 10.3.9
- Size: 481 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2021 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad