Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
What's New in Version 5.1
•Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
•Customize lists by choosing from new bullet types, changing the size and color of bullets, creating custom bullets, adjusting indentation levels, and more.
•Choose Learn Spelling to add a word to the spelling dictionary.
•Create links from text to other pages in a page layout document.
•Copy and paste pages or sections between documents.
•Use new chart editing capabilities to change the style of individual series, adjust spacing between columns, add trendlines, and more.
•Adjust the appearance of cell borders in tables.
•Place images, shapes, and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
•Choose whether Apple Pencil is used to start drawing or to select and scroll — or toggle between these options via double-tap using a supported Apple Pencil.
•Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
•Reapply a master page so text and media placeholders return to their default style and position.
•Create books using new templates for novels (available in English only).
This is still a work in progress.
Alright, there are a tremendous amount of complaints about this application. Keep that feedback coming in so developers can remedy such flaws you may stumble upon. Although, what most people fail to appreciate is the simplicity the developers have created in this application. They have created a way to construct beautiful documents with minimal experience needed by the end user. By that, I applaud you! I would also like to point out the extremely helpful “Pages Help” guide within the application settings. Finding a solution in the “Pages Help” section are easy to sift through the categorized sections, providing simple instructions, and are written in simple language that anyone can understand.
Nothing is perfect, though this application is a huge step forward than Microsoft Word when comparing simple user interface and functionality.
Thank you developers!
ew its disgusting
I cant even use it. I tried making a document, it worked just fine but theeeeeeeeeeeen i get out and it saves only me cropping a photo and deleted lorem ispum text. Great. I get out and back in a few times and none of my old documents are there. I didnt see my other complaint here, and you probably never would’ve responded because clearly you cant make any of your apps function properly. You have the brains to make devices but not the brains for apps, i know coding is hard but if you cant do it you should just stop upgrading, which, you might as well be down-grading because clearly the new update doesn't allow me to use pages on my iPad. This is my second review, and it just goes to show this update has no value, and i cant use it. Today i was able to create a document, yet i couldnt customize a text layer, only text where it lets you type and you dont need to add anything. I'd rather play gacha and look at popsicle pictures all day than have to deal with this utterly disgusting app. Bro, if this offends sorry, but ya don't gotta cry to ya mama bout that, you act like this app is so great when it has no value for me. And other people who get this, i feel your pain, i mean, it hasnt been fixed, the most depressed people have creative minds, and writing on paper just kills their arms. So they wanna use this but guess what? Your “update” doesn’t let anyone experiencing my problem, well, do anything. Do you understand? Bye anyway.
It’s Free! I love this app!
It’s a free app so I wasn’t expecting much. I too was a graphic designer for almost 30 years and am prolific in Quark, Indesign, PM etc. They are all big learning curves for those who aren’t professionals so I won’t even compare Pages to those apps.
I don’t look at what this app can’t do - I look at what it CAN do. And am looking forward to this update. If you want more - expect to pay for it.
I’m forcing myself to learn the ins and outs of this app with a daily writing regime. Sometimes you just have to make your own deadlines to force yourself to learn. I am pleasantly surprised at what this app does. Don’t really get why anyone would complain about a free app anyways.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 25, 2019
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 484 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad