Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
What's New in Version 5.1
•Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
•Customize lists by choosing from new bullet types, changing the size and color of bullets, creating custom bullets, adjusting indentation levels, and more.
•Choose Learn Spelling to add a word to the spelling dictionary.
•Create links from text to other pages in a page layout document.
•Copy and paste pages or sections between documents.
•Use new chart editing capabilities to change the style of individual series, adjust spacing between columns, add trendlines, and more.
•Adjust the appearance of cell borders in tables.
•Place images, shapes, and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
•Choose whether Apple Pencil is used to start drawing or to select and scroll — or toggle between these options via double-tap using a supported Apple Pencil.
•Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
•Reapply a master page so text and media placeholders return to their default style and position.
•Create books using new templates for novels (available in English only).
This is still a work in progress.
Alright, there are a tremendous amount of complaints about this application. Keep that feedback coming in so developers can remedy such flaws you may stumble upon. Although, what most people fail to appreciate is the simplicity the developers have created in this application. They have created a way to construct beautiful documents with minimal experience needed by the end user. By that, I applaud you! I would also like to point out the extremely helpful “Pages Help” guide within the application settings. Finding a solution in the “Pages Help” section are easy to sift through the categorized sections, providing simple instructions, and are written in simple language that anyone can understand.
Nothing is perfect, though this application is a huge step forward than Microsoft Word when comparing simple user interface and functionality.
Thank you developers!
Surprisingly great, but really flawed on iPhone
So far I’m really digging a lot of what’s on offer here, but typing on an iPhone is critically flawed. In word processing mode, he app still behaves a lot like a page layout tool, showing you a page with wide margins and zooming into the text to type, automatically. The problem with this is the zoomed in view is pointless for long form text: you see a couple of words to either side of the cursor, and fragments of the rows above and below. You can’t actually read more than a few words before where you are. Most of the time you literally can’t see the the beginning of the sentence you’re working on. You can zoom out to type, but any cursor manipulation dumps you back in the claustrophobic view.
It’s a sad truth that despite all its other powers, on an iPhone it’s actually easier to type long form text in notes than it is in pages. I hope they come up with a view designed for typing someday.
Great app! Here’s why...
I began to use this app as a writing tool when google docs malfunctioned. I saw that it was already downloaded on my phone, so I kept it and began to write my books in it. I can’t believe how amazing it is! You can write books, letters, school reports, and even resumes! I’m in the middle of writing a book called The Masked Four, and I’m still working on the title. I could jot anything down in this app on a blank page, and I haven’t experienced any glitches. This writing app is a must-have, and it helps your spelling and it’s always the app I come to when I want to write my books. I hope to print and publish these books someday in the future, and it would mean the world to me if the developers supported that. My author name is Heather Soukie, and I’m looking forward to writing more books! Thank you! Five stars all the way!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 25, 2019
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 484 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad