By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with colour and do it fast with ColorDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Export your animations in full resolution
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Gaussian and Motion Blur filters that won’t slow you down
- Add Noise to your canvas, or Sharpen your image for perfect clarity
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in real-time
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves. HSB, and Recolour
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
What's New in Version 5.0.2
This update comes in peace and brings you gifts of technology.
* Fixed hiding an animation frame which caused a jump back to the first frame
* Improved colour accuracy and precision for your limited human visual capability
* Little green men would eject during gentle smudge stroking.
* Smudge was not sampling correctly for QuickShapes while using symmetry
* Probing for the Orange Peel brush source ended in an uncomfortable crashing sensation
* The unidentified flying Color Companion has been destroyed.
* We have learned your languages for improved abductions.
We have successfully invaded your iPad and infested your world with fixes and improvements. Goodbye.
Amazing app, just one problem
This app is honestly the best £10 I’ve spent. I usually don’t buy paid apps, but my friend kept recommending me to buy it all the time, and in the end I wasn’t disappointed. The brushes and tools are amazing; the amount of creativity you can put into this app is just endless. However, there’s one thing that bugs me: The 72 frame limit. Animation is kinda my thing, so while exploring the extremely helpful, “Animation Assist” setting, I was planning on making a short animated episode. I started right away, but before I was even a minute in on the project, I got a notice saying I had reached the maximum limit of 72 frames! It left me a little discouraged, but it would be great if you added unlimited frames to the animation assist instead of having only 72. This would be great if someone wanted to animate a short film or an explanation video. I hope you can take my review into consideration and add a change in the future. Thanks for the amazing app!
I see so many amazing art pieces on this app and obviously I won’t be exactly like because I’m not amazing at art but I have an issue that particularly won’t let me get closer to my desired art piece. My brushes don’t work! I’m not quite sure if this is supposed to happen but if it is then sorry for wasting your time. So I pick a brush type and it doesn’t draw? It only uses that type if you would call it that over another colour. So if I got to draw a line with a brush it doesn’t work, but if I say had already done pink and then I go over it then it works. I did pay money for this so I’m a bit upset, I spent my birthday money on a stylist pen as well! Thank you in advance. But overall this app is amazing and lets you create whatever your heart desires! I’m glad the brushes work for other people.
Genuinely my favourite app ever
This honestly got my back into drawing and even got my accepted into my first choice of university because how versatile it is!
I hadn’t drawn on a computer for years until I got this, my last tablet on computer was a cintiq-22hd and it just didn’t click, I really just needed something I could whip out and work on quickly. So skip a few years and I’m only working traditionally and it’s not going great because I always preferred digital stuff, my family saved up enough to get me an iPad and Apple Pencil for Christmas, pretty much just for this app.
I started drawing with Procreate nearly a year ago today, and since then the iPad and app have payed for themselves, my digital skills improved enough to warrant applying to university (unconditional aaaaaaah!) It’s just been so incredibly easy getting into working with the app itself, you don’t need a special skill set or anything to just get stuck in and start drawing, just go for it and push forward and boom, you might make something incredible.
Anyway, seriously this I the best drawing app I’ve found on iPad!
- £9.99 ea. (qty. 1-19)£4.99 ea. (qty. 20+)
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 14 February 2020
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 320 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Provider: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.Device-Assignable