By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 4.3.3
Please enjoy this small but perfectly-formed update as we continue to polish 4.3 to a luminous shine.
* Liquify felt like wet cement on first generation iPad Pros. We have now moistened it. Pray we do not moisten it further.
* Videos taken in portrait now create a suitable canvas size. Oh, we forgot to mention you could import videos. Surprise!
* Transform interpolation methods now do as they're told, when they're told.
* Although Tracking and Kerning are highly related it was pretty confusing for them to have the exact same name in French. Je suis désolé.
We love reading your reviews on the App Store, so don't be shy.
I’ve been using Procreate for around three months now and have put off writing this review so I can be thorough in my suggestions.
It’s great, it never crashes, is smooth as a babies behind, and I’ve found myself performing two fingered taps on real paper. Slightly embarrassing.
But it’s still lacking in a few places, and one major place as far as I can see, hence the four stars. Here are my suggestions:
An automatic backup to a dedicated procreate folder in all common cloud storage solutions. Dropbox, drive, iCloud - all of these are easy to implement. As it stands, most of my work must be exchanged manually across my cloud storage. Very time consuming and wasteful for the user. Often pieces of work remain vulnerable to a hardware malfunction; reliability is a basic necessity for professionals.
A blur tool, it serves a slightly different function to the smudge tool in painting and the one thing I miss from photoshop.
A box as a palette for retaining colours, that exists beyond the boundaries of the canvas, that can be moved and resized with ease, and optimised for touch. You could also implement a colour history that could work similarly, if less user controlled.
A way to draw a perfect circle using the quick shapes.
I find Procreate most useful for sketching, doodling and and working on the go. I find it difficult to use it for more complex paintings as I have yet to find a brush that works similarly to what I would use on a computer. In a future update I would like to be able to choose a ‘cover image’ for stacks. I like to have the logo or title of a particular project as the front item in a stack so I can quickly locate the stack I want. It is frustrating to constantly have to move that cover image each time I create a new canvas inside the stack. Being able to have ‘sub-stacks’ would also be useful.
Rapidly becoming my favourite App
I have only recently taken up art as a hobby. This includes traditional media but Procreate has enabled me to branch into digital art. It is a very comprehensive program that has enabled me to explore various styles including cartoons and impressionistic painting of landscapes. The program is so comprehensive that I would advise as I did signing up for one of the online courses in using it. I have done several. The interface to the program is well crafted.
- £9.99 ea. (qty. 1-19)£4.99 ea. (qty. 20+)
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 06 May 2019
- Version: 4.3.3
- Size: 190 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.Device-Assignable