Gmail - Email by Google
By Google LLC
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 6.0.190505
Get more done with Gmail! Now you can see incoming messages while composing a new one on iPad
Best ‘free’ email.
I’m actually not a fan of Google due to privacy issues and the FAR, FAR left leaning bias with regards to web searches. They LOVE capitalism and the profits but hate capitalists.
That being said gmail is by far and away the easiest, safest, ‘free’ platform going, hands down. The one-two star reviews are simply ignorant. "Glitchy"? How so? I use iCloud email for business based on the sheer number of Apple devices I use to conduct business but on a scale of 1-10, 10 being gmail, iCloud email is a firm password 5. YMMV.
Basic fixes needed
Overall I’m happy with Gmail. Simple app, good filtering, & I like the addition of snooze. Here are some of my concerns:
-pretty please take away the space when starting a new paragraph. I don’t want to indent.
-allow us to see and edit fonts. Cutting and pasting is a nightmare!!! Even just “remove formatting” would be a fabulous option.
-Count me as another person who is not a fan of the browser within the app. Sometimes there are invitations or codes that get canceled after I tell the app I want the full browser. At least make this optional.
You went and broke multi-select for emails. It used to be the norm that when you tapped and held an email, every email would get a tap-selecty circle. You’d work your way down and then delete all the selected emails. NOW, when you tap and hold an email, only THAT EMAIL offers a tap-select circle. You have to literally spend one or two seconds for every email you want to delete.
Bad. Bad Google.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 21, 2019
- Version: 6.0.190505
- Size: 200 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google LLC
- © Google LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable