Gmail - Email by Google
By Google LLC
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 6.0.190224
Welcome to the new Gmail that helps you get more done!
• You can now quickly view attachments - like photos - without opening or scrolling through the conversation. Enable this by going into Settings and choosing the Default view in “Conversation list density”
Adequate but with two fatal flaws
I’ve used the gmail app for a few years ... it was certainly an improvement over the Apple Mail app. Just two things have slowly come to dominate my experience, to the point that today I rage quit.
1. That Important label business. I just wanted it to go away - I never asked for it, it just happened to me. I still don’t entirely understand it! I delete emails, but they continue to haunt me in Important. If I never read them - and sometimes, an email doesn’t need to be read to delete it, am I right? - then the stupid app shows me unread flags thanks to that Important business. Again, DELETED emails. Why, Google? When I search for solutions, none affect the app - so I’ve been stuck with this issue.
2. Email threads. Initially, I appreciated this feature. I’m old school - I used a text-based email program for years, and I miss it. It also threaded - most programs do! Replies get placed next to originals. This is helpful. For some reason, Google decided to hide that things were threaded? Again, I don’t entirely understand this, I just know how it affects me. Here, emails I HAVEN’t deleted disappear. In the thread it will show one then skip one and show another. Where do they go? I’m not sure, but it’s been more than a little upsetting.
If neither of these things will bother you, then this app is fine.
Give Inbox another chance
Google, you all need to give Inbox another chance especially when you have so many complaints from people that use Inbox religiously like myself. I will use Inbox till the day y’all “shut it off” and keep it on my phone till it doesn’t work anymore.
Most apps just wont update and Inbox hasn’t updated for a while now but it still works like a charm so I hope you quit bombarding me with messages saying to switch because I won’t. And I hope more people agree with me.
Also until you do this and change the app interface to where Gmail is exactly like Inbox with some of the self made folders that we can make on Inbox, to where the emails dont get lost through the clutter, then I’ll consider Gmail.
Have to use this now bc no more inbox. This is junk
Its a far cry from the efficiency of inbox. Now my email is just full of singular emails not batches of similar subject. I barely check my email anymore. I used to maintain my inbox easily and clear it out weekly. Now its just pilling up. Don't even care. Won't buy more memory when the time comes. Just waiting for a better email service to replace this junk. Whatever integration they made from inbox, can't see it. This email is not better than others. I could use any of them and they are all bad.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 13, 2019
- Version: 6.0.190224
- Size: 205 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google LLC
- © Google LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable