By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect circles and straight lines.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 8.4.3
*** Bug fixes in 8.4.3 ***
• Fixed issues with Excel file conversion
• Large scissors selection no longer cuts off the style popover
• Fixed rendering issues when dismissing the keyboard
• Stability improvements & other minor bug fixes
*** What’s new in 8.4 ***
• Sneak peek of what we’ve been working on - Notability introduces perfect circles! Like our straight line feature, draw a circle and hold for it to be auto-corrected. More to come in 2019!
• Improved pinch to zoom, allowing you to zoom out to see multiple pages at once or zoom in further for detailed work.
• Added more keyboard shortcuts, including to create a new note, go back to the Library, and easily navigate within a note.
• The word count of a note is now available in the information popover
Incredible App! A couple minor formatting issues but still Superb
Never had a note-taking app this dynamic and fluid. Highly responsive and well designed. Would recommend 10/10. My only problems with the app is:
1. Line spacing glitch. Every note has a break in the lined paper background where two lines are very close together which is frustrating because it throws off the neatness of your notes. Not a functionality issue, just an aesthetic one.
2. Picture placement. Sometimes I’ll take screenshots of pictures I’m not able to just drag over, and put them in my notes, but Notability makes the picture “jump” to predefined places and won’t let me put the pictures exactly where I want them. It’s frustrating because the pictures almost always “jump” a few lines up near totally unrelated notes. I tried disabling text wrap to no success.
Other than that, fantastic app, I use it every single day in Engineering School and it is easily able to keep up with my course load!
Can’t say enough good things about this app. I was in need of something more than the basic apple notes and this hit the mark. Not only is it the most seamless app for switching between text and stylus input, but it has a magnificent tool in letting you convert your handwriting into text, giving you the visceral benefit of invoking your mind to hand-write and distill your thoughts, but the tech advantage of readability and ease of reference/copy/past/hi-light.
If I could ask for a feature upgrade, I’d love to be able to pin a certain audio recording around the page as to organize specific ones with other content, and I’d like to be able to have the same name for a subject, *if* nested within a divider, as all of my projects need a similar type of organization.
Nice app but needs a few things...
I’ve used Notability for 3 semesters in college now and find that it makes my iPad the most useful device I’ve ever purchased (I use it more than my phone or computer). However, because this is an Apple only application i feel that it would be better suited with some of the intuitive features one would find in an Apple only Application.
For instance, if I have 2 notes that I feel at a later date contain enough overlapping information, I might like to merge them into a single note without having to re-download a copy of one into another via cloud storage. The convenience of being able to merge a note by “holding down” the note, as if to duplicate, would save a lot of time.
As polished as the app is, I find myself saying to often, “I wish this app could do this or that.” As developers, please find out what these things are and add them as features.
A few things the app is missing:
-Easily merge notes
-Ability to change the scalable circle into a different shape with a side gesture (applications for organic chemistry) such as a pentagon or hexagon.
-Ability to select multiple pages at a time from the “all pages” view for copy and paste into a seperate note.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 11, 2019
- Version: 8.4.3
- Size: 294 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad