By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Use a variety of colors to draw perfectly straight lines or activate zoom-writing for detailed work.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Navigator.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 8.3.3
*** Bug fixes in 8.3.3 ***
- Restored the ability to select pages when importing word documents
- Fixed an issue importing Google documents from Google Drive
- Fixed a crash when converting documents on iPad4
- Fixed a problem creating subjects & dividers with a disabled predictive keyboard
- Fixed a few minor issues when drag & dropping colors
*** What's new in 8.3 ***
You asked for these features and we listened! We've added powerful new features: custom colors, a color dropper to match any color in your note, increased note security using Apple's Face ID and Touch ID, and in-app file conversion.
Custom Colors & Color Dropper
• Custom colors have arrived - the rainbow is the limit! Expand your color palette
by saving up to 32 additional custom colors.
• Colors can be chosen with a color wheel or by entering a HEX value.
• The color dropper easily allows you to select any color in your note and save
that as one of your custom colors.
New Locking Feature
• Our security just got amped with Face ID and Touch ID to unlock subjects.
In-app File Conversion
• Notability now converts Microsoft Office files to PDFs on your device for added
privacy and security.
• Quicker and more reliable conversion.
2nd Generation Apple Pencil Support
• Support for the double-tap gesture to switch to eraser or previous tool or bring up the color palette.
I absolutely love this app. Between work, school, and life, this app helps with notes, and my planners for everything. It’s so much more convenient to carry my iPad around rather than a bunch of books. This app is very user friendly, making it very easy to take notes and convert from the pen to highlighter, etc. You can even search your own handwriting and text from a pdf that has been uploaded in the same file which makes it easy to go back and look for something specific instantly rather than scroll through pages of notes. Great app!!!
Update: I recently tried to access my notes on my iPhone, but half of the files wouldn’t sync between the ipad and my phone, which was annoying. I had down time to study and couldn’t because they wouldn’t sync. The only way to fix was to duplicate the file on the ipad so it would sync to my phone. It wasn’t a huge deal for that day, but could potentially be a major issue down the line if you don’t have the original device you used for the notes.
Other than that, I still think it’s a great app and recommend it to anyone who is switching to digital notes and who doesn’t want to carry around a bunch of binders/notebooks!
Major issues with syncing
I have been having SERIOUS issues with how my notes sync across devices and between ios and my macbook. Overall notability is a potentially great note-taking platform. I found the way notes can be organized to be really helpful. I left One Note for Notability and would be completely happy with it EXCEPT. Every time i open notability on a different device (i have phone, macbook, imac and ipad) it completely rearranges all of my notes. The dividers disappear, the order of the notes changes, the subject colors are reset, most of my notes (about 200) get moved into the unfiled subject. Sometimes, if i wait about an hour, they get moved back into the original subjects - but who wants to sit there and wait that long. It’s INCREDIBLY frustrating. And now all of my important notes are in notability so i’m constantly worried that one day i’m going to open the app and everything is going to be gone (which has actually happened several times, but I was able to recover using help from their website - something which i have had to access way more than i should). Giving it 3 stars...for potential.
I love love love LOVE Notability! I used this app all throughout high school, and I am continuing to use it throughout college for all of my classes! It is so nice being able to have all of my notes together instead of having to lug around countless notebooks. I love the different types of paper, the straight line feature with the pencil, the dual note mode, being able to switch between notes quickly, the new color wheel, and SO MUCH MORE. I highly recommend this app to any note taker!! One thing I would really appreciate is if a partial eraser feature could be made (like if you could tap on the eraser and change it from full line erase to partial erase similar to how you can change the pencil from a uniform width to one that changes with speed/pressure). I love being able to erase whole lines with one swipe, but sometimes I just want to erase part of something. A partial eraser option would make this app perfect.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 19, 2018
- Version: 8.3.3
- Size: 291 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2018
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad