By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 9.3.5
*** What's New in 9.3.5 ***
• Fixed an issue where the toolbar could become unresponsive
• Fixed a potential crash when dismissing a tooltip
• Fixed an issue where zooming could cause the note contents to disappear
***What’s new in Notability 9.3***
• Present a note to an external display in full screen without toolbars and menus
• Note will crop to the external display aspect ratio so you know what’s being presented
• Laser Pointer
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting
Single Page Mode:
• Flip through a note horizontally one page at a time
• Works well with Presentation Mode, so pages feel like slides
• Larger page up/down arrows
• Zoom Box can now be enabled with a finger tap while using Apple Pencil
Best note-taking app
I’ve waited a long time to write this because I want to know an app fully before judging it. I’ve used Notability for the past 3+ years along with GoodNotes. I can confidently say that Notability is the superior app. Yes, there are many more features that I wish were present in both apps but, as a whole, this is the best note taking app. In its basic form, handwriting in the app is perfect. Whatever software that GoodNotes uses to try to improve your handwriting is incredibly annoying and causes it to look worse. Its not that way with Notability. What you write is what it shows. The file management style is much easier to follow than the endless folders in GoodNotes. Also, when major updates come, you don’t have to pay for it. Paper templates and being able to set your 3 most used colors and pen sizes right on the task bar will HOPEFULLY be coming to Notability soon. That is the biggest drawback I think. Having to do multiple touches every time I want to switch pen size can be annoying and when taking notes in lecture, can take up valuable time. Having those right on the top bar would be INVALUABLE. Other than that, this app is superior to GoodNotes in general.
Greatest note taking app
The app is phenomenal when it comes to note taking. It lets you keep your notes organized and categorized based on what you’re doing. The app is also great when it comes to ignoring palm detection, to the point i no longer use paper and pencil unless it deals with drawing, all my notes are now done on my iPad. The cool thing about the app too, is that even using the iPad mini, if you turn it horizontally the app feels almost similar to a notebook (if you edit your paper right). The only complain I have is the lack of integration with other devices that aren’t in the apple eco system. Sure you can sync your notes to your google drive, but it’s complicated and a big headache to deal with. It would be nice if they offered an online version to check and sync all your notes, so you can pull them up when your iPad isn’t around. Other then that, the app is amazing! Compared to any other note apps I’ve used, I can live with that small inconvenience for now.
Classroom paradise plus perfect PDFs markup app
This app is constantly evolving and today I can't imagine myself teaching in a classroom without it. It is a true digital blackboard plus with the new presentation mode it became even better than ever with laser pointer including the ability to let the laser tail ghost on for a while longer, thumbs up really. I just wish that the laser pointer could be make larger as an extra option to make it yet better.
I was looking at other apps to save markup PDFs on smaller file sizes that the gigantic ones saved by iPad native app, then I discovered that Notability can easily do it with no subscriptions required. Just the perfect app to annotate PDFs, add Giff, images, voice redords, video links, web links and after all this save a small PDF read only copy that can be easily shared by email. Just great to make corrections on student's papers and share them back.
Such an amazing app, thanks a lot and please keep the good work !
- $8.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.49 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 21, 2020
- Version: 9.3.5
- Size: 249 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad