By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect circles and straight lines.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 8.4.8
*** What’s new in 8.4.8 ***
• Fixed a crash that could occur with larger PDFs
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
*** What’s new in 8.4 ***
• Sneak peek of what we’ve been working on - Notability introduces perfect circles! Like our straight line feature, draw a circle and hold for it to be auto-corrected. More to come in 2019!
• Improved pinch to zoom, allowing you to zoom out to see multiple pages at once or zoom in further for detailed work.
• Added more keyboard shortcuts, including to create a new note, go back to the Library, and easily navigate within a note.
• The word count of a note is now available in the information popover
Thank you for this amazing tool.
I have used Notability on my iPhone and iPad for a while now. It tends to be the app where my ideas start and where my ideas grow. I primarily use Notability for work as a reporter. The ability to play/scrub audio and see my progress as I transcribe is a blessing. But I also use it to sketch home improvement plans, I use it to build MTG decks (alongside Scryfall— drag and drop is perfect!), and I sometimes use Notability to import scripts and scans from comic books and then “split” the pages (by opening scripts on left and scans on right) to study the flow between the two. Once, I was curious about a feature, so I hopped on Twitter and messaged the Notability account. Almost instantly I received a reply that answered my question (which was how to get the audio controls near the bottom of the screen on iPad while typing with a Smart Keyboard: the answer was to turn on left hand mode). I’m still finding new uses for Notability. It is an amazing tool. Thank you.
Useful, but a few peeves...
I use Notability with my iPad and Apple Pencil almost every day for handwritten notes, homework, and sketching up quick designs. It’s easy to use and keep organized, and I can access my notes across all my devices (my phone, my laptop, my desktop and my iPad).
I really love the app, however, one of my biggest pet peeves with Notability is the fact that the grid lines are not consistently spaced! For some odd reason, It seems as if every 3rd grid line in both the vertical and horizontal directions is slightly further away from the rest. After using this app for 4+ years, the amount of times this has annoyed me really adds up.
The quick draw for circles and straight lines is super helpful, and I think it would also be helpful to be able to draw other shapes as easily (like rectangles, ovals, semi-circles, triangles, hexagons, etc.)
I also often find myself in situations where I want to select something smaller than the selection tool will let me, which is slightly annoying because I have to try to select a whole bunch of empty space to move something like a small line.
Overall, great app. The best you can find for taking notes on your iPad. It’s loads better than the stock notes app, and worth putting up with the small annoyances, though for the simplicity of the grid spacing problem I don’t think this bug (?) should have lasted for as long as it has.
Good but limited, need to improvement!!
Notability is such a great app, but it has a lot of limitations. Starting with how bad is the storage system and the compatibility. I write and draw on my iPad but when I want to read and study at my laptop it is messed plus you need no pay more... ridiculous.
As a student we use a lot of pdf and we write a lot, and the limitations that most disturbs me has been the big problem with “inserting” PDF. I recommend they make an update to make able to insert “pdf printout” and you’ll still have room for draw/write. Also they need to update the app we are in 21th century, why you want to imitate a paper?? It should be endless for all sizes the noteability pages it’s goes down and it’s good, but it could be awesome if you could go left & right endlessly too.
PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES, PDF PRINTOUT AND ENDLESS PAGES FOR ALL DIRECTIONS AND YOU’LL HAVE THE BEST APP AT THE MARKET.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 08, 2019
- Version: 8.4.8
- Size: 297 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad