By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 9.4.7
*** What's New in Notability 9.4.7 ***
• Fixed unwanted scrolling when using a trackpad or a mouse
• Fixed a problem completing in-app purchases for devices with parental control
• Added missing translations when sharing a document to Notability
*** What's New in Notability 9.4 ***
We are excited to announce updates and improvements to our audio system!
Audio recordings can now be:
This release also includes:
- Updates to the recording UI
- Themed popovers with support for all themes
- Support for iPadOS mouse pointers
- Ability to set sticky note and text box backgrounds to custom colors
Great app, but a few suggestions.
Best app for note taking, everything about it is great! I’m going to use this app for school next year because of the coronavirus, I have used this app before in middle school, and it’s amazing and the best note taking app out there. but there are a few things that I would personally like to be included in the app, for example to Add a blank space within a page for additional content, Ability to quickly switch between tools (such as colors, pen, eraser, etc), Ability to convert mathematical formulas and other systems to text, ability to add video clips to notes, add multiple images to a note at once, more space for annotation, only to name a few suggestions, but for the most part the app is great! But if you could put those in, that would be great! 👍🏻✏️
Decent but only when it’s working
I don’t normally write reviews and I’m not sure if it’s because of the recent updates but as of late the note taking app has been progressively getting slower and more cumbersome to use. I use the left handed mode and the pen tool freezes up every now and then causing me to restart the app several times. Using the sidebar to go from note to another note is a tool that I use everyday but at times the touchscreen functionality just stops working leading me to restart the app again. Then the multi use feature on the iPad Pro also interferes with switching from note to note as I can accidentally open a background app because sliding in from the side and going from note to note has the same gesture. I don’t believe this to be the fault of my iPad Pro because it is always on the latest update and it’s only a few months old. If these problems keep reoccurring I’ll have to switch to a different note taking app which is a shame because when it is working it is a fairly well built app.
Great but has some flaws
I have been using notability for over a year now and it’s absolutely amazing and very smooth
I have a few complaints though. To begin I really wish it had a blending tool because that would enhance the app so much more and make it really worth its money" also if the notes could zoom in more so you could draw with even more detail and precision. Also I really wish that there were more empty spots to make your own colors because mien keep filling up and then I have to delete some other colors to add more. All in all the app is amazing but could definitely use some more enhancements. It is also quite smooth with Apple Pencil.
- $8.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.49 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 06, 2020
- Version: 9.4.7
- Size: 251 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad