By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 10.2.2
*** What's New in Notability 10.2.2 ***
• Limited time only! Ellagant Studios Christmas Planning sticker pack is 50% off.
*** Bug fixes in 10.2.2 ***
• The page number is now correctly updated when reaching the halfway point
• Recent photos are now displayed first when importing
• Fixed a few crashes that could happen while editing a note
• Fixed GIFs stopping after zooming and scrolling
• On iPhone, fixed a layout issue with the selection styles
• Fixed an issue where edit mode in the library wouldn't work properly after export
Positive: Excellent app for making notes, marking, highlighting and storing documents. It’s user friendly and not convoluted like other apps I tried. I feel it has everything I want and not much more for my note taking on documents. It was my main study aid all through medical school and is still my study tool of choice in residency.
Negative: I just wish I could use it on my PC because I like it so much. It’s an apple only app. Also, I wish it had the same search function for iPhones as it does on iPads. You can’t search all notes or within notes on the iPhone like you can on the iPad.
Worthwhile but Needs More Organization
I have been using Notability since my Junior year of high school, so I have seen a lot of changes and updates that have been gratifying! From adjusting its highlight feature to go under the text and to the favorites bar, this app is perfect for students (especially with its renown recording ability). But as a university student, I have found this app to be lacking in organization. I am studying biological engineering, and while this app is perfect for STEM students, the lack of organization is horrific. I love how I can make folders and subjects, but I would love to see more organization within these subjects. It should be noted that the syncing is nit the best, but I don’t take written notes as often as I used to so it’s mot a big deal for me. But for research & revision purposes, I’d enjoy the app more if organization was not so limited.
Could Use built in note formatting presets
I love this app. I’ve been using it for the entire time that I’ve been in college. I no longer to have to worry about losing my notes to a coffee spill or a hungry dog because they’re all backed up in the cloud. The only reason that Im rating it less than 5 stars is because I hope that that will make the developers more likely to see my suggestion.
As with all things, however, there is some room for improvement. I use the Cornell style of note taking, and it can be a bit of a pain setting up the paper in that style, especially if I forgot to do so before class. As such, it would a huge quality of life improvement if they could add some paper presets that had the Cornell outline built in.
- $8.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.49 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 13, 2021
- Version: 10.2.2
- Size: 331 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad