By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 9.3.2
***What’s new in Notability 9.3.2***
- Added support for rotating text boxes
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
***What’s new in Notability 9.3***
• Present a note to an external display in full screen without toolbars and menus
• Note will crop to the external display aspect ratio so you know what’s being presented
• Laser Pointer
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting
Single Page Mode:
• Flip through a note horizontally one page at a time
• Works well with Presentation Mode, so pages feel like slides
• Larger page up/down arrows
• Zoom Box can now be enabled with a finger tap while using Apple Pencil
Must fix autocorrect suggestions and add search in doc
I use this app everyday as a student and I love it except a couple of things: the autocorrect feature, it suggests the most ridiculous words and phrases when I am just a letter or two off; and I need to be able to search for key words within a document. I mean if the phone and other apps can figure out autocorrect why can’t notability?! There have been so many times when I remember a key word in a document but cannot find it by scrolling, being able to search would be very helpful (this applies to my typed notes and to imported .pdf files). And as another reviewer suggested, please allow for folders within subjects. Being able to further organize and use the same titles within different subjects/folders would be very beneficial. But first and foremost work on the autocorrect feature and search feature. You’ve got some work to do for a 5 star review! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES!!!!!
This app is a GODSEND
in lecture i can messily jot over the powerpoint while recording audio, then in the library i can go back and craft the most aesthetically pleasing handwritten study guides ever! this app has that natural writing feel you just can’t get from a laptop, with that accessibility and editing power you just can’t attain on paper. if you’re a student like me and just can’t function if your notes aren’t a work of art, or your spine is hurting from carrying around separate notebooks for every subject, or you just can’t vibe with typing because you best retain information from handwriting, i implore you to make this purchase!!! it has saved me so much time, money, and strain, i don’t know what i’d do without notability.
I used to keep shelves of spiral notebooks of quadrille ruled paper as engineering notebooks. That’s over. This rocks and I use it for teaching, projecting Notability rather than using whiteboards. Having it all backed up automatically is great, I only wish I could rotate PDF imports by 90 degrees. Because most of the schematics I deal with are Landscape. Chrome won’t do it, so I can’t even take a picture of it. No apps I own (including MarginNote3) can rotate a PDF by 90 degrees? Why is this so difficult on the iPad, but instant on the laptop? I can give you the equations if you want them.
- $8.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.49 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 25, 2020
- Version: 9.3.2
- Size: 249 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable
Optimized for Shared iPad