By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote. AUTO-
BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
*** Bug fixes in 3.0.3 ***
• Fixed a crash that could happen when searching
I don’t get who this is for?
Simply got tired of Evernote’s lack of attention to what was once a good app, and have been trying out everything that isn’t subscription serviced. Based on the hype, I was expecting a lot more from Notability. Is it for kids? Large graphic icons that take up 1/4 of your page. Who needs this? Yes, you can click it away and have a page only format, but then you loose the useful hierarchal filing system which does its job quite efficiently. Being forced into this gratuitous graphical system wastes too much needed space and makes me wonder how good these dev’s really are. When it is page only, great, nice set of tools to modify and format. Love the highlighter, maybe one of the best I’ve seen, and the drawing tool is great as well. So with all the good things that this app has, why don’t they at least have an option for adults? And syncing - forget it. Not nearly up to par of many others. So close, but yet - no. Two stars for good bones and one for brush and text tools.
Buggy on my mac
I love and don't think I could live without notability on my iPad pro. I use it for note taking in college. I recently downloaded notability for my mac as well so I could re-take notes on my ipad while viewing them on my mac. I was unpleasantly surprised to learn that I had to purchase the app again for MacOS, but I reluctantly forked it over knowing it would be worth it. Unfortunately, my audio recordings crash just about every time I'm relistening to them. I'll be chugging along re-taking notes on my ipad (in a different file than the one I have open on my Mac) when the audio recording playing off my Mac will stop out of nowhere and reset to 0:00. Then I have to go back and spend however long to find my place again and re-play. It's extremely frustrating and usually happens 4-5 times or more in the span of an hour or so. This has been happening since I purchased the MacOS app in August. If it were to be resolved I would rate the app 5 stars.
DO NOT TRUST THE ICLOUD BACK UPS
NOBODY TRUST THIS APP. They do NOT abide by what they say on their website about deleting a back up having no impact on original notes in the Notability app.
Notability deleted very important notes from my pharmacy school courses. I have an exam tomorrow and ALL MY NOTES ONLY FOR MY EXAM TOMORROW HAVE BEEN DELETED! I deleted an old iPad back up to clear space in my icloud storage so syncing between my ipad and macbook could continue. I need this fixed ASAP!!!!! I HAVE LOST ONLY THE FILES I NEED SPECIFICALLY FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! I have icloud back up set up and these notes are not anywhere to be found. Apple Care couldn’t help me and said I have to talk with the app developers.
Per Notability's website: Notability can back up your notes to one of several cloud storage services. This is a one-way backup, so deleting a note in Notability does not delete the backup copy. Similarly, deleting a backup does not delete the original note in Notability.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2018
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 73.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2018 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processorDevice-Assignable