By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
Notability is designed for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Highlight typed text.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Draw perfectly straight lines by holding the Shift key.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio feedback to students.
Import and Annotate PDFs
- Highlight text and Copy & Paste text in PDFs using the Typing tool.
- Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
All Electronic Workflow
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
Organize and Share Notes
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the Mac OS X Trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.9.3
*** Bug fixes in 2.9.3 ***
• Fixed an issue where a false "subject/divider already exists" error could occur when creating a new subject or divider
• Fixed a crash that could occur with new installations on newer versions of OSX
Great app, but needs work
I am a medical student and have been using notability since the beginning. I love the ability to organize my notes and the speed at which it syncs between devices when importing or editing notes. However, TWICE I have lost all organization of my notes because I downloaded notability on another device (ie my phone or new computer). You have the option to auto-backup your notes but that does not include your subjects or dividers, which means that twice now I’ve been left with hundreds (now 800+) of “unfiled notes” that I have to go through and manually re-organize. Hoping that they improve the backup/syncing process!
Not as expected
I have been using the iPad version of the app regularly and wanted to be able to view the notes on my mac. The mac app does not sync the folders that the notes are in, just the notes so you have like all the notes in the unfiled folder after syncing. That makes it incredibly hard to organize and you literally need the name of the exact note you are looking for if you have 250+ notes like me.
Imported Items Image
I really enjoy this app however, I hate that now when I import items the image of the item does not appear on the left of the screen. It only shows the title and a blank sheet. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this cause it has been an issue for me and definitely makes the app less user friendly for myself.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 12, 2018
- Version: 2.9.3
- Size: 34.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2018 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processorDevice-Assignable