By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
• Secure and lock your notes using Touch ID.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes and precisely erase all ink in varied brush sizes
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 4.2.5
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Keeps getting worse
I like Notability for its synching and auto-backup features but lately it has been horrible. I have run into SO many problems. Half of my notes now have the issue of "unable to load medata" which is incredibly annoying. Even worse though, now when I try to load the previous iCloud version history, I just get a blank page. So I am unable to access that note at all and have to dig through my GoogleDrive back up hoping its there. Another issue is that the formatting changes from laptop to iPad when you type notes.
One of my classes was a pathology class, so it was very important to be able to correctly identify images. I had written pages of notes so that the text would correctly line up with the images. When I went to open that same note on my iPad, all the text was shifted so that all my images were mislabeled.
I am just so tired and stressed of not being able to rely on my notes being correct and accessible when I need them. I keep having to report issues to Notability, and while sometimes they are good about getting back to me or releasing updates to fix glitches, it's too late by then. If I hadn't already have hundreds of notes on here I would have switched to something more reliable like OneNote. At this point I'm just ready to be done and am already dreading having to sort through my GoogleDrive to identify what needs to be fixed.
Keeps getting beter
I am an engineering college professor. This program is such a workload reducer. I grade all my students' assignments using Notability and make all my lesson plans on it. It makes clear work of all my marks. Its the best thing going to do any type of significant math work on "paper." I create both on my iPad and on my Mac thorugh Notability. Both programs support each other beautifully. As I went on-line to teach, Notability was my savior. I started with PowerPoint slides, but PowerPoint would lock up if I put too many annotations on the slides. Then I transfered my slides as PDFs to Notability, no more lock-ups.
The programmers do a marvilous job of updating the Apps. I asked for a bulk export to PDF feature and several months later I got it! The synching has much improved over the years, in part because Apple synching is getting better. The comonality in in features between the iPad and the Mac are coming closer to parity. I still wish I had the font size selection on the Mac as I do on the iPad. Ginger Labs keep up the good work.
iPad is great, others not so much
The iPad variant of Notability is great. I use it all the time for my studies. The Mac version I was hoping would let me have a good place to organize and upload material, but it has proved to be a disaster that keeps getting worse. It is exceptionally glitchy and the UI is anything but smooth. It locks up a lot of my items on a consistent basis as "Downloading", making them inaccessible with no recourse. My subjects disappear into adjacent dividers when creating and moving items, and I have to go searching all the time for lost items, trying to figure out where they went to this time. The backup to the cloud option is nice, but really only a viable platform on the iPad right now, so the cloud isn't overly useful. Keep hoping a great update will appear, but each one that comes along has been continued disappointment.
- $1.99 ea. (1-19 units)$0.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 22, 2020
- Version: 4.2.5
- Size: 98.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2020 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processorDevice-Assignable