By Ginger Labs
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
• Secure and lock your notes using Touch ID.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes and precisely erase all ink in varied brush sizes
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 4.0.5
***Bug fixes in 4.0.5***
• Fixed an issue where audio recordings could be interrupted when recording in the background
• Fixed a problem with Dropbox where folders could be missing when browsing files
• Other minor bug fixes and improvements
***What’s new in Notability 4.0***
This is an exciting update for Notability! We’ve added powerful new features: Shapes, Partial Eraser, and improved image control.
• Draw a shape, hold the stroke for a moment, then watch as it snaps perfectly into place!
• Shapes can be styled and manipulated like regular handwriting.
• Create circles, ellipses, triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and irregular shapes
• Precisely erase any ink in a variety of eraser sizes, including shapes!
• Partial erase supports both freehand erasing and perfect shape erasing.
• Once a stroke is separated, it behaves exactly like regular handwriting.
• Rotate and crop images easily with a new, streamlined interface.
• Added support for auto-backup to WebDAV
Good App but needs some improvement
I really love Notability. I originally got it on my iPad and I really loved how well it worked with the apple pencil. It was a great experience for me to take notes and have it all organized. I decided to purchase this app for my mac to have all my notes on here as well. It is nice to have everything on my Mac but this version needs a lot of updates. I really wish there was more compatibility with the touchbar. I could see a lot of useful ways for the touchbar to be integrated into this app. The app on the Mac is just a little clunky. I could also do with some asthetic updates to make it more maneuverable. I love this app and want to continue using it so please just update some of these features for the mac because I enjoy typing up my notes as well.
I had to fight with the UI but still saved me with annotating and recording a very fast class.
Some of the color palette should be next to the brushes instead of way off to the side.
The page navigator should hold the selected page in the middle of the screen so the user can see above and below the current page for quick selection. Always having the selected page be at the bottom is not helpful. You can always go back a page quickly but not forward.
When hiding the note navigator the window should not shrink like it does. In my opinion, the content should adjust, not the window. When I would have the window snapped to the side of the screen, adding the note navigator would push the right side of the window over the content I've snapped to the right side of the screen. When I close the note navigator, the left side of the window disappears and now my window is no longer snapped to the left side of the screen. So I would have to keep snapping it back to the left side of the screen.
Being able to trim audio would be nice.
Would be nice if the services I could use for auto-backup would also be the chosen sync service, instead of iCloud. No need to waste space in two spots if I'm paying for storage on those other services.
Has potential, but currently frustrating
I didn’t want another cloud account, so I have it set to back up via Box, which is a very nice feature.
I have it on iOS and Mac and the Mac version has been very frustrating. I may just need to look for something else. I want control over line spacing for text and that doesn’t seem to be built in. it allows a text box, but doesn’t show any boundaries for it or make it easy to adjust the size of it. I tried adding some screen shots as pictures in a note and it was very difficult to position, let alone put text around it. handwriting recognition is only available for what’s generated within the app and not both platforms.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 05, 2019
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 98.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © 2019 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processorDevice-Assignable