By Nicholas Doherty
Grade Hound helps you manage your classes, organize your assignments, and track your grades. With Grade Hound, you’ll always feel ahead.
Why should you use Grade Hound?
• Grade Hound tracks your grades with precision. When viewing an upcoming assignment, you’ll be told exactly what grade you need to either achieve the next letter grade in the class, or maintain your current one. For example, if you have an 88% in a class, Grade Hound might say something like, “You need a 93% on this assignment to achieve an A in the class”. Both point and percent based grading systems are fully supported. You’ll also be presented with a slider that you can drag to test what your class grade would be if you get a certain score on the assignment.
• When viewing a grade, you’ll see exactly how much it counts towards your final grade in the class. You’ll also be presented with a slider that you can drag to test what your class grade would be if you had gotten a certain score on the assignment.
• Grade Hound is highly customizable. It fully supports both point and percent based grading, custom letter grade cutoffs, custom units for each class, weekly and block based scheduling, custom GPA schemes, and per class customizable assignment types.
• See a detailed graph of your grade timeline on a per-class basis. This lets you see how your course grade changed as new grades were added.
• Track completed assignments, organized by the date you completed them.
• Add semesters/quarters/trimesters and track your GPA. You can specify custom GPA scales on a per-class basis. You can also specify how many units each class is.
• Add classes, notes, and grades. You can specify custom grading scales and custom assignment types on a per-class basis. Grade Hound fully supports both point and percent based grading systems.
• Add assignments, multiple reminders, and repeat schedules. Grade Hound fully supports both weekly and block based scheduling.
• Add notes, and attach multiple photos to your notes. You can also attach notes to assignments.
• Grade Hound presents you with a full screen weekly and daily calendar for viewing upcoming events and assignments.
• Grade Hound has a Today View widget that displays the week's events. You can mark events complete right from notification center, or tap one to launch Grade Hound right into an event.
• Get morning and/or evening digest notifications. A morning digest notification is a summary about the day’s upcoming events. An evening digest notification summarizes the next day’s events. Digest notifications are configurable by days of the week and time.
• Grade Hound supports 3D Touch to quickly complete assignments.
You can add up to 2 classes with the free version of Grade Hound. If you'd like to add more, we ask for a one time in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
- Bug fixes
Introducing Grade Hound 5!
- Brand new design inspired by iOS 11 and iPhone X
- New monthly calendar for viewing upcoming assignments
- iPhone X support
- iPad split view support
- 3D Touch support
- New "grade reflection" feature. Play "what if" with your past grades
- New "grade timeline" feature. See how your course grade changed as new grades were added.
- Lots of bug fixes :)
Big, Big Problem
Please, please make this app closer to free. Most students either can’t afford in-app purchases or aren’t allowed to use them for apps. You’ve got to understand this. The concept of the app is amazing, but please add more free classes. I’d recommend 4 or 5 instead, this way I could use the app for my AP classes. Otherwise, this app is a waste of storage. I only want apps I can actually use often. Dude, fix this. (Or do what Bloom App did, basically the best thing an in-app-purchase app could do other than make every feature free)
I love this app - I used it throughout my undergrad and now during my graduate studies, but the new interface is such a letdown. Everything is HUGE and you can’t see all of your courses without scrolling. I liked have the small graph in the corner that displayed your grade trend rather than an enormous one at the bottom of your grade list. Grades no longer all display without having to tap to go into yet another screen. Could forgive the extra taps if we at least had the option to make text/course sections smaller so they no longer take up 1/3 of the screen.
Helps with my busy schedule
I love this app because it really helps with my organization (which I’ve always struggled with). It’s pretty easy to use, especially after the first few minutes of getting around the app. I’d definitely recommend this to any student who is trying to maximize their time and energy. I’ve been using it for the past 2 quarters at UC Davis and It’s been going well so far :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 16, 2018
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nicholas Doherty
- © Nicholas Doherty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable