By Nicholas Doherty
Grade Hound helps you manage your classes, organize your assignments, and track your grades. With Grade Hound, you’ll always feel ahead.
Why should you use Grade Hound?
• Grade Hound tracks your grades with precision. When viewing an upcoming assignment, you’ll be told exactly what grade you need to either achieve the next letter grade in the class, or maintain your current one. For example, if you have an 88% in a class, Grade Hound might say something like, “You need a 93% on this assignment to achieve an A in the class”. Both point and percent based grading systems are fully supported. You’ll also be presented with a slider that you can drag to test what your class grade would be if you get a certain score on the assignment.
• When viewing a grade, you’ll see exactly how much it counts towards your final grade in the class. You’ll also be presented with a slider that you can drag to test what your class grade would be if you had gotten a certain score on the assignment.
• Grade Hound is highly customizable. It fully supports both point and percent based grading, custom letter grade cutoffs, custom units for each class, weekly and block based scheduling, custom GPA schemes, and per class customizable assignment types.
• See a detailed graph of your grade timeline on a per-class basis. This lets you see how your course grade changed as new grades were added.
• Track completed assignments, organized by the date you completed them.
• Add semesters/quarters/trimesters and track your GPA. You can specify custom GPA scales on a per-class basis. You can also specify how many units each class is.
• Add classes, notes, and grades. You can specify custom grading scales and custom assignment types on a per-class basis. Grade Hound fully supports both point and percent based grading systems.
• Add assignments, multiple reminders, and repeat schedules. Grade Hound fully supports both weekly and block based scheduling.
• Add notes, and attach multiple photos to your notes. You can also attach notes to assignments.
• Grade Hound presents you with a full screen weekly and daily calendar for viewing upcoming events and assignments.
• Grade Hound has a Today View widget that displays the week's events. You can mark events complete right from notification center, or tap one to launch Grade Hound right into an event.
• Get morning and/or evening digest notifications. A morning digest notification is a summary about the day’s upcoming events. An evening digest notification summarizes the next day’s events. Digest notifications are configurable by days of the week and time.
• Grade Hound supports 3D Touch to quickly complete assignments.
You can add up to 2 classes with the free version of Grade Hound. If you'd like to add more, we ask for a one time in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
- Bug fixes
Introducing Grade Hound 5!
- Brand new design inspired by iOS 11 and iPhone X
- New monthly calendar for viewing upcoming assignments
- iPhone X support
- iPad split view support
- 3D Touch support
- New "grade reflection" feature. Play "what if" with your past grades
- New "grade timeline" feature. See how your course grade changed as new grades were added.
- Lots of bug fixes :)
I love this app - I used it throughout my undergrad and now during my graduate studies, but the new interface is such a letdown. Everything is HUGE and you can’t see all of your courses without scrolling. I liked have the small graph in the corner that displayed your grade trend rather than an enormous one at the bottom of your grade list. Grades no longer all display without having to tap to go into yet another screen. Could forgive the extra taps if we at least had the option to make text/course sections smaller so they no longer take up 1/3 of the screen.
I initially had some trouble inputting my classes and having at about approximately the same percentage as the grades in Canvas. However, after some tweaking, I was able to get it to about the same. It's extremely helpful for me to be able to see my GPA and the grades I need to get on a convenient platform. Thank you so much for making an awesome app!
Like it so far, but could use some improvement
Been using the app for about a week now and Overall, i like it so far! I especially like the grade projection & “what if” features & haven't experienced any performance issues some of the other reviews mentioned.
However, I do think it’s missing some key features:
1. The ability to duplicate previously entered assignments so you can add multiple entries of the same type (i.e., weight) without having to reconfigure all the parameters each time.
2. Be able to specify and end date for repeated assignments.
3. The ability to create custom grading scale & GPA point presets.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 16, 2018
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nicholas Doherty
- © Nicholas Doherty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable