By Oribi AB
The app that helps you get your spelling right!
Do you need spelling and language support while writing or after you have finished, or both? Then the Oribi Writer app is the ultimate writing tool for you. It works as a stand-alone word processor, and its spell checker and grammar checker are quite unique. Oribi Writer is specially designed for people with reading and writing difficulties and dyslexia, but it can be useful to anyone who needs a bit of spelling assistance and language support from time to time.
Use Oribi Writer to correct or check:
- serious spelling mistakes like ”citon" (kitten) or ”sositch” (sausage)
- easily confusable words like ”fillings/feelings” or ”meat/meet”
- grammar mistakes like ”The cats is hungry”
- one word wrongly written as two words, like ”boy friend”
- two words wrongly written as one word, like ”Losangeles”
- punctuation and spaces.
Oribi Writer can sound out individual letters as you write them. This gives you immediate feedback on the letters that you write.
Oribi Writer can use the synthetic voice included in iOS to read out words or sentences as you write them and/or read out the entire text afterwards. This will often allow you to hear the writing mistakes that you may have made. The settings include:
- read out selected text
- read out from the cursor onwards
- read out each word after it is finished
- read out each sentence after it is finished
- have the cursor move through the text as it is being read out
- adjust the reading pace
EASILY ADJUSTED TO EACH USER’S NEEDS
Personal settings enable you to:
- add your own words to the wordlists
- decide whether Oribi Writer should warn you about certain easily confusable words or not
- use a large wordlist or a small one.
Oribi Writer offers several formatting options:
- font size
- bold, italic, underline
- text alignment (flush left, flush right, justified, centred).
Texts in Oribi Writer can be shared to other apps, including Mail, Notes, Message, Twitter and Facebook. It is also possible to copy a text, print it, save it to Dropbox, etc.
Under ‘Documents’, you can create documents directly under ‘On my iPad’. It is also possible to create subfolders and place documents directly in them. This may come in handy if you need to structure your documents or if several people use the same iPad.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
- $11.99 ea. (1-19 units)$5.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 07, 2020
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, German, Swedish
- Seller: Oribi AB
- © 2016 Oribi AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.Device-Assignable