By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organized
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import color profiles for color matching
- Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
What's New in Version 5.1.1
Procreate 5X is here, packed with precision and reimagined features. It is another huge leap forward for creative professionals.
This update includes support for 8th generation iPad and some additional fixes for PSD export with low alpha, playing Time-lapse on your face, transforming Text, Wet mix brushes with pencil filters and layer masks, Palettes from screenshots, and more.
• Pencil Filters
Brush in image effects with your Apple Pencil. For the first time you can use any brush to paint in adjustments and effects exactly where you want them. Smudge your filter to create textured effects like you’ve never seen before. You can even erase or adjust the amount in realtime.
• Gradient Map
One of the your biggest requests is here! Add a new dimension of color by mapping gradients across your value painting. Create your own custom gradients and insert as many knobs as you like, we won't judge.
• All New Filters
Creating incredible effects and dramatic finishes is easier than ever with a host of new filters and adjustments. There are huge improvements to essential filters like Noise and Blur, and amazing new creative possibilities with Glitch, Chromatic Aberration and more.
• Reference Companion
Always keep your composition in focus while you paint in the details. Import a reference image that will stay by your side; ready to provide inspiration and colors.
Procreate on your face! See your FacePaint update live and even play your animations. It’s not only for your fans, share your photos and videos with everybody.
• Palette Capture & SwatchDrop
Capture the colors around you with your camera or photos in your library. Fill your artwork with color by dropping swatches right onto your canvas. You can also import Adobe® ACO and ASE palette files. Why tho.
Make beautiful compositions with precise new ways to move and scale your artwork. Accurately align objects to your canvas and other layers with new Snapping. Use the new Bounding Box Adjust to scale and stretch from any orientation. Transform with 100% accuracy using numeric entry.
• Selection Color Fill
Accelerate your workflow by drawing selections that automatically fill with color. Add or Remove with any selection tool to create sharp, vibrant shapes. Use Automatic selections to fill your artwork in all the right places.
• Private Layer
Keep a layer private so your Time-lapse is free from sketches, notes, nudes and reference images.
Scribble gives you a whole new way to add text to your artwork, without ever having to put down your Apple Pencil. Name layers, change settings, and pick colors, but the best part is - your tool never needs to leave your hand.
• QuickMenu Profiles
Finger your way to success with QuickMenu profiles. With just a flick of your button, you can swap to tailored QuickMenus for sketching, coloring or finishing.
• Blur Brushes
Effortless blend colors with the new Blur settings in Brush Studio. Look out for Blend brushes in the Airbrushes set.
Procreate® 5X also has:
Redesigned Copy and Paste Menu
Crop and Resize Snapping
Text Numeric Input
New Font Companion
iPadOS 14 Quick Launch Widget
HEVC Time-lapse with alpha
Color Profile fixes
Brush Studio performance improvements
New Text Selection appearance
We hope you have as much fun with Procreate 5X as we did making it. And we can’t wait to get back to making whole new ways for you to create. Don’t forget to show us your FacePaint selfies and videos!
Why did this happen? (Newest update)
I’ve used procreate for around 4 years now, the reason I have favorited it for so long was the feelings it allowed me to have about my color choices. A favorite part of art for me has always been picking colors on procreate, and the recolor tool was why I would never use any other drawing programs/apps. The recolor tool was so superior to the new tools in the update, it gave me the ability to make an entire color change (not many tiny parts which takes ages to press them all) and my favorite part was the fact it didn’t effect just one color, but all on the layer. It made all of the colors match better and mix well, allowing me to instantly make all colors turn warm or cold or even a tint of green dye to lights etc. no other feature in this app or any I’ve seen has recreated the recolor tool procreate once had, I still adore the cleanness of procreate and the easiness of finding my way around the app but I will forever be disappointed about the most recent update. I miss my recolor tool, and have been stuck in avoiding art since it came out. Please hear me.
Love this app but the new update needs some more work
Overall, Procreate is a wonderful app for anyone who loves to draw! The purchase is so worth it and the functions are amazing! I can draw smoothly and create artworks even I’m proud of. However, the procreate 5x update needs a bit more work, specifically the reference function that was just added. Whenever I use that reference function, it makes my new iPad lag, yes, NEW iPad. It has nothing to do with my iPad but instead the function itself. It doesn’t have anything to do with my storage either since I still have over 100 GB left. I’ve heard from a few other art friends and realized it wasn’t just me experiencing the issue. With the reference function turned on, it makes it impossible for me to draw smoothly which kind of defeats the purpose. I would rather just create a new layer and add my photo reference instead. I know it may be a bit harsh to take away a star just because of this reason but since this is a drawing app, I feel like a smooth drawing process is necessary. Other than that, I’m satisfied with the app!
ok you may be like “if it’s a MAJOR problem why are you rating it 4 stars?” well, the app is AMAZING. but i can’t see my time lapse videos anymore. please PLEASE see this, creators!!! i was just drawing and i wanted to see the time lapse video, and it did not work. so i tried making something new to see if that would work. and it DIDN’T. it’s a really big problem for me because i love making speedpaints. i love to see the video of the artwork i made. and i never pressed “purge” because i was afraid that would do something. but THEN, i went to my settings to make sure i didn’t accidentally disable it which i didn’t. then i completely turned off my ipad and it STILL DIDN’T WORK. PLEASE tell me if there is a fix for it because i’m pretty sad that i won’t work right now. overall i love the app and the update!!! ❤️
edit: i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and i still cant see the video please fix this!!
edit #2: thanks for your email and the response! it helped a lot 😁
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Sep 25, 2020
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 325 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.Device-Assignable