By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organized
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import color profiles for color matching
- Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
What's New in Version 5.1.5
- You can now change color profiles after you have created your Canvas.
- You can now add Layer and Pencil Filters to QuickMenu.
- New and improved Recolor. Begin by ColorDropping and then tap Continue Filling with Recolor in the Notification bar and away you go!
- Full Keyboard Access won't cause Toolbars to become unresponsive.
- Hold Duration works again!
- GIFs no longer change background dimensions when exported.
- FacePaint recordings won't silently fail, and you can even record without audio now.
- You can now dismiss your Gradient Map menu without causing the app to freeze.
- QuickMenu won't be invoked by Apple Pencil when set to Touch only.
- Fix for Selection Color Fill locking up after undo.
- You can now SwatchDrop from the Floating Color Companion without rearranging your swatches.
- Performance improvements for Transform on large canvases.
- Transform Fit to Screen behaviour with Magnetics toggled on is fixed.
- Air 2 Selection improvements.
I would have rated this five stars because of just how excellent this program is, but MY GOD is the fill tool on this program unnecessarily difficult. Other programs have an easy bucket tool that acknowledges the other layers so you can easily fill lineart and other things- this one makes you set an outline and drag and drop or select the whole space and then fill it. It’s annoying, tedious, and prolongs my artwork. If they could give this function a way to recognise other layers or give us an extra bucket tool I’d rate it five stars, but in all honesty I just absolutely hate the current state of its fill option and I feel like it sets this program back. Along with the filters, for some reason they absolutely hate the colour black and refuse to work with it. The rest is absolutely amazing-the brushes, the layout, etc. and it’s a serious upgrade from whatever free programs you can get. The fact that not only along with the pre-existing brushes they give you, they also give you a source library is just really nice to have and it’s amazing what it can do. Almost a steal for the price they give you, but it still needs a few tweaks.
I love this app. I have had this since before it cost anything to buy/download. I have used it so much as of late and it’s become my new drawing program of choice. I only have one major issue. I have disabled every touch function or gesture except the press and hold for an eye dropper tool and the pinch to zoom/rotate. However, for example when I’m trying to make a selection and I have my hand resting on the screen sometimes it senses that as me making another point in the selection. Its really frustrating. Also sometimes if I’m trying to write words and I have my hand resting on the screen it’s like the Apple Pencil cuts out and makes sorta like dashed lines. When I lift my hand it doesn’t do that at all and lines are smooth. Also sometimes if I go to start to draw and I rest my hand on the screen it will be like I’m pinching the screen to zoom or move the canvas around. Yet I’m not doing that by choice. I only started to notice this be more of a problem since one of the latest updates. Before that I had everything disabled as well and almost none of what I said above happened.
Nice, but has problems
I really love Procreate, and I’ve been using it for a long time. I use and iPad and Apple Pencil to draw and it works pretty well. I would say that it’s definitely worth its price, but it does have some problems. First of all, I dislike how they have organized their colors. When I go and pick a new color, it’s difficult to navigate and find the right color. Even when I think I find a good one, it’s always duller and paler than it looks like it should be. I really hate how every color is so dull. Please let me know if there is a way I can fix it. The second problem is pressure. I use an Apple Pencil, like I said, and it is annoying how the harder I press, the bigger and thicker and darker the line becomes. I’ve tried looking in settings to see if I can fix this, but I was not able to find anything that could. It might have to do with my Apple Pencil settings and not Procreate, but it does not do that with my other drawings apps so I assume it’s a Procreate problem. Other than that, it is a really great app that is worth its price.
- $9.99 ea. (1-19 units)$4.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Dec 22, 2020
- Version: 5.1.5
- Size: 326 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.Device-Assignable