By Smartstones, Inc.
Winner 2016 Edison Award for Social Impact (Gold)
Winner 2016 Singularity University Global Grand Challenge for Learning
Available worldwide, with customers in over 50 countries.
:prose is the world’s most intuitive mobile (AAC) app that let’s you speak using body language instead of visual symbols. Starting with simple finger taps and swipes in the Canvas area, you can speak your own phrases out loud and communicate with others. Further, :prose enables you to pair bluetooth connected sensory devices as remote controls to command :prose to speak out loud from your Smartstones Touch device or your Apple Watch.
:prose is being used by the largest school system in the United States and provides an entirely new “inclusive learning” experience and accelerate “access to literacy” for nonverbal or communication challenged students.
“:prose is so intuitive, that it allows students opportunities to communicate with less effort.”
— Patrick M, Special Education Teacher, San Francisco, California
Teachers and SLP's are telling us that :prose addresses these problems:
• Improve student eye contact
• Improve student attention and focus
• Improve student development and engagement
• Improve core communication
• Improve teaching experience
• Reduce anxiety and behavior interventions
• Flexible and adaptive to learner
How it works:
Step 1: Download :prose on iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad
Step 2: Click “Sign Up” to create a profile
Step 3: Tap Settings to personalize your phrases, spoken dialect and text color
Step 4: Preview spoken phrases within Settings, then flip to Canvas and start speaking with simple gestures
Step 5: Tell your friends about :prose! :)
Swipe to speak. Getting started:
• Canvas - Draw a shape with your finger. :prose detects your gesture, displays text and reads it aloud.
• Library - Personalize up to 31 unique phrases and gestures, in 27 voice language dialects.
• Swipes (Up, Down, Left, Right, Diagonal)
• Swipe & Hold (Up, Down, Left, Right, Diagonal)
• Touches (Tap, Double Tap, Tap & Hold)
• Arrows (Up, Down, Left, Right)
• Zig Zags (Z, N, И, Backwards Z)
• Shapes (Triangle, Square, Diamond, Circle)
Personalization and natural voices
• Setup a personal profile including display name and photograph
• Access, and store up to 31 unique phrases and gestures
• Select from 27 different voice dialects: English (American, British, South African, Australian, Ireland), Spanish (Spain, Mexico), Arabic, Danish, German, Russian, Suomi, French (France, Canada), Hindi, Bahasa Indonesia, Italian, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Thai, Turkish, and more…
• Select unique display colors for each phrase
• Transition with minimal re-customization as the user’s skills grow
• Support learning through motor planning with consistent gestures for core words or phrases
• Single Sign In lets users access their phrases from any device – at school, home or traveling
• Robust use of Apple’s accessibility features including VoiceOver and Guided Access with screen and feature controls that can be locked or unlocked – Sleep/Wake Button, Volume Buttons, Motion gestures, Keyboard controls, Touch controls and Set Time Limits
• Use of Bluetooth 4.0 to pair sensory devices
• Add a quick launch icon on your Apple Watch face
Classroom and therapy support
• Start simple and expand vocabulary as needed with less effort
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student
• Photo and display name on Canvas for projecting multiple users devices onto a wall or smartboard
• Echo feature lets you see the last spoken phrase
• Contact our support team live chat on our website
• Connect with peers on our Facebook group
• Learn using in-app help or request email support or suggest a feature from within the app
Read more at www.speakprose.com
:prose is available through Apple’s education and healthcare Volume Purchase Program.
What's New in Version 2.0
LIMITED TIME - 1 DAY ONLY AT THIS PRICE!
THANKS TO THE RODDENBERRY FOUNDATION, WE CAN OFFER :PROSE FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME AT THIS PRICE.
IF YOU LIKE :PROSE, PLEASE LEAVE A KIND RATING IN ITUNES.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED SUPPORT, PLEASE CHAT WITH US AT HTTP://SPEAKPROSE.COM.
The Preferred AAC by leading schools and healthcare organizations worldwide. Fast way to help your nonverbal speaker communicate quickly using simple gestures to say phrases. The ideal solution for personal use, or creating an inclusive classroom experience for increasing social communication.
Chat with a live customer care representative at http://speakprose.com/ if you have questions. Volume discounts and custom online/live staff training available for schools and healthcare organizations.
Users' personal settings are now portable across multiple devices. Create an account, and your settings will follow you as you sign in on different phones or tablets.
• Sign Up and create your unique profile with private Sign In
• (SSO) Single Sign On from ANY iOS device, Now you can access your language at school, at home and on the go from anywhere in the world
• Your vocabulary is now synchronized in your own private CloudCortex.ai associated with your unique profile, so when you update your phrases, they are synchronized when you Sign In again next time
• Personalized canvas now includes you photo and name - which is helpful for teachers, speech and behavior therapists, 1-to-1 aids and assistive technologists to make sure each user is using the correct device and that their verbal responses are easily seen at a glance when projected on a classroom wall or seen nearby
• Contact us button within app so you can send us improvement ideas, or want to request a special feature
• New Echo™ feature that displays the spoken phrase after it’s been spoken - so you never miss communication
- $119.99 ea. (1-19 units)$59.99 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 03, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Smartstones, Inc.
- © 2013 - 2016 Smartstones Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable