By Google LLC
Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• Tutorial cards with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves - have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand - increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure - blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
• Face Pose - correct the pose of portraits based on three dimensional models
What's New in Version 2.19.5
• Bug fixes for iOS 13.1
Snapseed is my muse.
I’ve been using Snapseed as my go-to app for years now. It’s the first in a chain of editing apps if I’m feeling creative, and often the last as well. Their photo tools alone offer more than many editing apps, but the Portrait, Head Pose, and Looks features are essential for photos on the go. I always start with Healing, usually followed by a hint of Glamour Glow, and even Noir if I’m in that sort of mood (which is often; LOVE the Noir). Also, among all the editing apps that I own and have tried, their Vignette feature is my favorite by far, which seems a minor thing, but really isn’t.
Honestly there are far too many adjustable features and filters to go into in this space, just from a photo editing perspective; I’ve barely mentioned the artistic applications, which seem endless. I will never not use this app.
Dig it and dig in.
What happened to this app?!
Don’t be fooled by the positive reviews, they are outdated. For years Snapseed was my go to mobile editing app. It was the first app to support raw photos and generally just had a good selection of tools. A few years ago it was purchased by Google along with the rest of Nik software and I’m pretty sure they intentionally sabotaged it. This app is absolute garbage now! If you’re using it to edit your photos then you should know, even if they look alright to your eyes on your 2 inch screen, they are not. This app is destroying your images and you’ll never bring them back. It will muddy up all the detail in saturated areas, totally blow any highlights and bring noise in the shadows. It hasn’t been updated in years so forget using raw images from any newer cameras. It just creates a low res JPEG preview instead but gives no warning of that. Anything you bring into this app should be thrown out afterwards so you don’t ever mistake it for a decent file.
It’s really sad to see what Google did here and I don’t know why they didn’t just take it off the market if that’s what they wanted. At this point it’s doing a disservice to anybody who wants once relied on it or thought it was still a contender in the Mobile photo editing world.
Google obviously does some great things but they also do some very terrible things to their competition. This app and the people who depended on it fell victim to that.
Devs Please Read!
I will change this review once this is corrected... I use this app all the time on my iPad Pro. Normally I love it however just in the last couple days it is not working properly. After I do some minimal touching up of my photos I push the button to upload the edited photo to my photos. It will start going through the motions of uploading the edited photo but then now it starts spinning in a blue circle like it’s thinking but it gets stuck. While it is doing this I can not do anything, get it to stop, upload a new pic, etc. I have tried getting in & out of the app many times & have also deleted then reloaded the app hoping this would fix any minor glitches. Sadly nothing has worked.. I really do not want to have to download another app.. I use your app all of the time & really would like to continue using it!! Please fix this & advise where do I go to get this fixed?? There is nothing wrong w/my iPad Pro & this has nothing to do w/me trying to do too many edits at once.. Doesn’t matter what I do. Your app will not allow me to upload anything.. HELP!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 24, 2019
- Version: 2.19.5
- Size: 95.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google LLC
- © 2012 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable