Stop Motion Studio Pro
By CATEATER, LLC
Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"Stop-motion animation is a great way to bring toys and other objects to life — and learn the basics of filmmaking."
The New York Times
"Stop Motion Studio makes it easy to create your own stop-motion movies."
The Washington Post
"All you need is an iPhone or iPad, a tripod, the right software, and a bit of creativity."
"Stop Motion Studio Brings Out the LEGO Moviemaking Geek in All of Us."
With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
• Use a second device as a remote camera
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
• Use with your Wifi-enabled DSLR camera**
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images for further processing
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
• Publish movies on Stop Motion TV for everyone to see
* All features are already included in the Pro version.
** Visit our support page for a list of supported cameras:
What's New in Version 10.2
This update includes new onion skin, playback controls, and animation guide layers.
• New better onion skin control to select the number of onion layers (echo frames). You can also choose between onion skin with or without the live camera image.
• Use drag and drop to reorder frames in the frame by frame view.
• New playback option to include a live camera image in playback or pause the playback at the end.
• Option to use a reference image or video clip as an animation guide. Use a video clip as a reference to help you animate your character.
• Option to capture multiple frames at once (virtual as pause). Tap and hold the shutter button for options.
• Support for external (Bluetooth) keypad added. Easily control your workflow without touching the capture device.
• Option to share a link when uploading to Youtube.
• Option to pause multiple frames at once (retime a sequence).
• Support for RAW image file import added.
• Fixes an issue when using the remote camera.
• Fixes an issue on iOS9 where selection did not work.
• Fixes several issues and minor design updates.
We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Though there is just one problem with the upload function. When uploading photos from the files, the app will slow down and after a certain point or number it stops the download. After such gives a message. This is one of the more annoying things about the app.
But overall the app is just amazing, easy to use, organized, and perfect for animation. Overall Five stars without a doubt. But still I would like that bug to go away.
New feature suggestions!
This app is great, but there is still room for improvements. When masking (Erasing) an image it would be nice to have a soft brush as well.
When animating a sene where there is dialogue, there should be an option where you add audio while animating, so you can use audio as a guide to what characters say.
I think stuff like this would really take the experience to a new level, thanks.
This stop motion studio is perfect. It has everything you could want with stop motion. The only way I think it could get even better is if they added FX that you could change the color of, etc. It would go great with their SFX.
- $4.99 ea. (1-19 units)$2.49 ea. (20+ units)
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 10, 2020
- Version: 10.2
- Size: 145 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: CATEATER, LLC
- © CATEATER, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable